Rumors suggest Microsoft may launch Xbox streaming stick soon
Microsoftmight release an Xbox streaming stickand a TV app this year.
- The device will enable users to access games and popular OTT platforms.
- This will act as a game changer for those who can’t afford gaming consoles.
AdvertisementAs a part of Microsoft’s Xbox Everywhere initiative, the company is rumored to be working on an Xbox streaming device similar to the Amazon Fire Stick. The device is said to enable you to access movies, TV shows and a library of games through Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.
There are also rumors that Microsoft is closely working with Samsung to develop Xbox streaming app for Samsung TVs.
According to Venturebeat, we can expect to see Xbox streaming device in within a year. It’s not the first time Microsoft is being related to a stick device, first time the company was rumored to be working a streaming stick back in 2016, hinting that Microsoft will launch a streaming device for $99. Years later, CEO of Microsoft Gaming, Phil Spencer hinted that such hardware backed by a cloud-gaming service was within the company’s scope.
A dedicated streaming stick might be of little interest to gamers but this could be a big development for the company. There number of people who want to be gamers but they can’t spend hundreds of dollars on gaming consoles. With this streaming stick, a new market of Game Pass Ultimate subscribers will be open which means more subscribers.
Complimentary Tech Event
Transform talent with learning that works
Capability development is critical for businesses who want to push the envelope of innovation.Discover how business leaders are strategizing around building talent capabilities and empowering employee transformation.Know More
Microsoft rolled out a controller bar for Windows insiders
Microsoft has recently rolled out the ‘controller bar.’ With this update, once the Xbox button is pressed on the controller it will provide friendly access and preview to the recently played games.
Ways to access new controller bar features-
- Open Microsoft Store and download the Xbox Insider Hub
- Open Xbox Insider hub and sign-in with Microsoft account.
- Once signed-in, navigate to ‘Previews’ and join Windows Gaming preview.
- Reboot your PC or laptop and you are good to go.
Top Instagram updates and features released in 2022
Edtech hiring boom fizzles out – these edtech companies have laid off their employees in the last few months
Popular on BI
- Sensex, Nifty slip for second day; FMCG, IT stocks drag
- Air India puts together 'huge financing deal' for new fleet: CEO
- Marine species including whales and dolphins under significant threat from noise pollution
- ITR filing: Your guide to Form 26AS and why you should check for TDS discrepancies
- A complete itinerary for your 3 days in Mount Abu