Hacker group claims it breached Sony's PlayStation Network and stole information
The backbone of Sony's wildly popular PlayStation 4 video game console is the PlayStation Network. It's the online service that powers Sony's digital storefront, all online gaming on the PS4, and much more. If you're using a PlayStation 4 online in any capacity, you're using PSN.On Sunday evening, hackers claimed to have breached PSN and stolen database information. The group, named "OurMine," was able to overtake Sony's official PlayStation-branded Twitter accounts to announce the alleged hack:
"We got only registration info [usernames, names, emails, etc.]. No, we are not going to release it. We are a security group; we will only send it to Sony to prove it. And no, Sony haven't contact us yet."Sony didn't respond to our request for comment as of publishing.
- Portable multi-purpose laptop table
- Sikkim assembly passes budget for 2021-22
- The digital economy will thrive on customer connections and empowerment, says Adobe India's Nitin Singhal
- YES Bank launches a new musical logo to build a deeper connect with customers
- COVID-19: Students should leave hostels in Bengaluru if their institutions declare a holiday, says BBMP