Hacker group claims it breached Sony's PlayStation Network and stole information
The backbone of Sony's wildly popular PlayStation 4 video game console is the PlayStation Network. It's the online service that powers Sony's digital storefront, all online gaming on the PS4, and much more. If you're using a PlayStation 4 online in any capacity, you're using PSN.
On Sunday evening, hackers claimed to have breached PSN and stolen database information. The group, named "OurMine," was able to overtake Sony's official PlayStation-branded Twitter accounts to announce the alleged hack:The accounts were quickly retaken by Sony, and the tweets from the hackers were deleted. A handful of Twitter users captured the moment before it was gone, as seen above.
"We got only registration info [usernames, names, emails, etc.]. No, we are not going to release it. We are a security group; we will only send it to Sony to prove it. And no, Sony haven't contact us yet."Sony didn't respond to our request for comment as of publishing.
- Apart from the big cat, the Pench Tiger Reserve in Madhya Pradesh flaunts a variety of fabulous residents
- Virat Kohli is on the third position as per winning percentage as captain in international test matches
- Minor tremor felt in Jammu & Kashmir, no casualty or damage reported
- International Women's Day 2021 messages and wishes
- Budget session of T'gana Legislature likely this month: CM