How to delete messages on your iPad in 2 different ways
- It's easy to delete messages on your iPad in two different ways.
- You can delete individual messages on your iPad, or you can delete an entire conversation with all of its messages.
- When you delete messages on your iPad, it can clear up storage space and protect your privacy - although the messages will still exist on the recipient's device.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Your iPad's messaging app works just like an iPhone's messaging app, though your device will need to be connected to Wi-Fi for you to send or receive messages (unless you have an iPad with cellular capabilities).
Whether you want to erase iPad messages for privacy purposes or to free up space on your device (messages containing images, videos, or other files can take up a lot of space) the process is quick and easy.
Here's how to do it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to delete messages on your iPad
1. Launch the Messages app and tap the conversation from which you wish to delete a message.
2. Hold your finger down on the specific message or image you want to delete.
3. Tap "More…" on the popup window that appears at the bottom of the screen.
4. Tap the circle beside the item you want to delete, then tap the trash can icon at the bottom of the screen, and then hit "Delete Message" to confirm.
Steven John/Business Insider
How to delete a conversation on your iPad
You can also quickly wipe an entire conversation - including all of its messages and attachments - off your iPad.
1. Launch the iPad Messages app.
2. Hold a finger on the thread to be deleted, then swipe left.
Steven John/Business Insider
3. Tap "Delete," and then hit "Delete" again on the pop-up box to confirm your choice.
When you delete messages on your iPad, you will no longer be able to access them on your device - but they may still appear on connected devices, and they will still exist on the recipient's device.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
NOW WATCH: Here's how noise-cancelling headphones work
- OnePlus blames voltage fluctuation after a user reports Nord 2 charger explosion
- Dropbox's billionaire founder Drew Houston says the 40-hour office week is a thing of the past and the pandemic has changed work forever
- Facebook pumping $50 million into its metaverse project is another sign that Zuckerberg doesn’t want to miss the crypto bus
- Paras Defence and Space Technologies IPO: How to check for your refund if you have not received the allotment
- Buy biodegradable sanitary pads for women in India
- Best baby booster seat in India
- Amazon-backed Capital Float plans to go big in the buy now, pay later segment; raises $50 million
- Where Indians work — seven charts that show you the employment map of the world’s sixth largest economy