15 of the funniest things you can ask Siri on an iPhone
- You can ask
Sirifunny things in addition to your usual questions.
- Siri will respond humorously to questions and prompts about itself, yourself, pop culture, and a range of other topics.
- You can experiment on your own or use any of these 15
funnyprompts as inspiration.
If the only thing you have ever used Siri for is to control your
Knowing people would test the limits of what a virtual assistant like Siri can understand, Siri is programmed to try to keep up with human banter. Here are 15 of the funniest things you can ask Siri, along with how you can expect your voice assistant to respond.
What are you wearing right now?
There are a few common responses. You might hear one of these:
- "In the cloud, no one knows that you're wearing."
- "Let's see… Just as I thought, the same as yesterday."
Do you follow the three laws of robotics?
If you ask Siri about author Isaac Asimov's legendary three laws of robotics, Siri has a number of responses including:
"Let's see if I can remember… Okay, I think the three laws are: 1. Clean up your room, 2. Don't run with scissors, and 3. Always wait a half-hour after eating before going in the water."
What is zero divided by zero?
For this question, Siri has this response:
"Imagine that you have zero cookies and you split them evenly among zero friends. How many cookies does each person get? See, it doesn't make sense, and cookie monster is sad that there are no cookies, and your friends are sad because they don't exist. Oh wow, this escalated quickly!"
Do you have a boyfriend?
Among Siri's responses is the following quip: "I've been told my artificial intelligence standards are too high."
Do I look fat?
Siri is more diplomatic than most of your friends and family: "I think you look great just the way you are."
What do you dream about?
It appears that Siri has a handful of different dreams. You might hear answers like:
- "Electric sheep. But only sometimes."
- "I once had a dream that all my ones switched places with their zeros. It was weird."
Read me Vogon poetry
If you're a fan of Douglas Adams' classic "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy," you can request Vogon poetry, and you will be read the fourth worst poem in the universe.
Is this the real life?
If you want to hear Siri perform part of Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody" as a sort of spoken-word poem, say, "Hey, Siri, is this the real life," and it will recite the first verse. For more of the song, ask Siri, "I see a little silhouetto of a man" and it'll pick up from that line.
What's your favorite song?
Siri has a few common responses to this, including:
- "I always enjoy more cowbell."
- "I like whatever you like."
- "I like anything with a bagpipe."
Do you have a pet?
Siri has a number of responses, including:
- "Mogwai are kind of nice, as long as you don't feed them after midnight."
- "I thought about getting a Tribble. Several, actually."
- "I used to have an Aibo, but it turned on me."
Do you know how to dance?
The virtual assistant shows self-awareness: "I do a pretty mean robot."
Which came first: the chicken or the egg?
Siri has a handful of responses to this classic question, including:
- "No one knows this, but it was a tie."
- "If it's a race, definitely the chicken. Unless it's downhill."
Tell me a joke
Siri has a million of them, some short, some longer, but they're all groaners worthy of your dad. You might hear something like, "Why don't lions hang out with other species? Their pride gets in the way."
What are you made of?
Siri will tell you: "Silicon, memory, and the courage of my convictions."
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
Assuming you can even get the question out without tripping on your own tongue, Siri has a slew of tongue-twisters, and can tell you more than one if you ask for it.
- SIMPLY PUT: What happened before India got Freedom@Midnight
- Here’s how much banks have increased home loan interest rates
- Avatar 2, Black Panther 2, Ant Man — Here is a complete list of Hollywood movies expected to hit Indian theaters in the next 6-7 months
- Qmin has been profitable business for IHCL from day one, says Jehangir Press
- India's foreign exchange reserves fall to $573 bn