6 ways to troubleshoot a Bluetooth headphones delay in Windows 11
Bluetooth headphonescan suffer from delays in Windows 11, but there are ways to troubleshoot the issue.
- Be as close as possible to your computer and make sure there are no sources of wireless interference nearby.
- You can also try toggling Bluetooth off and on, re-pairing your headphones, and updating the Bluetooth driver.
Few things beat the convenience of Bluetooth audio, but there's sometimes a cost that accompanies wireless headphones or earbuds: the dreaded audio delay. If you've found that your Bluetooth headphones suffer from an audio delay when connected to Windows, you're not alone. The good news is that there are a lot of ways you can troubleshoot the issue and dramatically reduce the delay when using Bluetooth audio in Windows 11.
Watch your distance
Beware of interference from other devices
As a general rule, modern Bluetooth devices like headphones are pretty good at cutting through interference caused by other devices and technology. But if you're having a problem with your headphones, investigate the immediate surroundings for other devices that might be unintentionally causing a glitch. At the top of the list: other wireless devices, such as Bluetooth speakers or security cameras, cordless phones in use, and a microwave that's running. To see if there's anything in the vicinity causing a problem, try taking your laptop and headphones to another room or outdoors.
Toggle your computer's Bluetooth connection
In keeping with the tried-and-true IT
Re-pair your headphones
Sometimes, pairing your headphones again can resolve a weird and hard-to-solve problem, especially if something went wrong when the headphones were initially paired.
1. Click Start and then click Settings.
2. In the pane on the left, click Bluetooth & devices.
3. Find the headphones causing you a problem and then click the device's three-dot menu. In the pop-up, click Remove device.
4. Follow the directions that came with your headphones to put them in pairing mode and reconnect them to your PC. The exact procedure varies, but you'll probably need to press the power button for 6-10 seconds until a status light flashes, and then click Add device in the Bluetooth & devices page of Settings to start the process.
Update your Bluetooth driver
It's also possible that your Bluetooth driver software may need an update. There are two things you can check. First, if your headphones have a mobile app, check the app to see if there's an option to update the headphones' firmware. When that is done, check for an updated Windows driver for your Bluetooth adapter:
1. In the Start Search box, type "device manager" and click Device Manager when you see it appear in the results.
2. Click the arrow beside Bluetooth to expand the list.
3. Right-click the Bluetooth adapter and in the drop-down menu, choose Update driver.
4. Click Search automatically for drivers and then follow the instructions to install the update.
Explore the Bluetooth troubleshooter
The last thing you can check is to see if the built-in Windows troubleshooter may be able to solve your problem. In most cases, Windows won't uncover anything that will help, but it only takes a few moments to check.
1. Click Start and then click Settings.
2. In the Settings window's search box, type "troubleshoot" and then click Troubleshoot other problems when you see it in search results.
3. In the Other section, find Bluetooth and then click its Run button. Follow the instructions to run the troubleshooter.
- 'Texting between iPhone and Android is broken:' Google puts Apple on blast for converting Android texts to green bubbles and 'blurry' compressed videos
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 beta arrives next month – here’s how to get early access
- Indian diamantaires want to make lab-grown diamonds a woman’s best friend
- OPINION: World Biofuel Day — Can biofuel help sustainably meet the growing energy needs of India?
- Kotak Mahindra rolls out a lifestyle focused salary account
- Trading on Indian crypto exchange WazirX drops by over 55%, WRX token loses sheen
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4, Z Flip 4, Watch 5 series, and Buds 2 Pro launched: Check price, specifications and photos
- Will Aamir Khan’s Laal Singh Chaddha be the box of chocolates Bollywood is waiting for?