'Can you record on Sling TV?': How to add Cloud DVR to the internet TV service and use it to record shows and movies
- You can record live content on
Sling TVto watch anytime using the internet TV service's digital video recording add-on, Cloud DVR.
- All Sling TV subscribers get at least 10 hours of space for free to save recorded content using Cloud DVR.
- For a $5 monthly charge, Sling TV Blue, Orange, and Blue+Orange subscribers can get Cloud DVR Plus, which will record up to 50 hours of content.
- You currently can't purchase more than 50 hours of storage on Sling TV Cloud DVR.
Among a list of add-on options offered to customers, Sling TV's cloud-based DVR allows subscribers to record movies and shows and watch them later. The Free and Plus packages grant 10 and 50 hours of cloud storage, respectively, with a few select channels like ESPN3, Local Now, ACC Network Extra, and SEC Network+ not available for recording.
Sling TV's Cloud DVR is available across devices, whether you're using a smart TV, streaming strick, or the app except for the Xfinity X1 platform. Anyone can add the service through their browser by signing into their Account page. Some subscribers can also add the service using the Sling TV mobile app, though that ability is only available on select devices.You can fast forward and skip commercials with all recorded Sling TV shows except for programs offered through the on-demand format.Advertisement
Here's how to add Cloud DVR Plus to your account and record shows and movies on Sling TV.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to add Sling TV's Cloud DVR Plus to your subscription
1. Go to sling.com and sign in.2. Click the gear icon in the top right to access your Account Settings.
3. On the Account tab, select Manage Account Advertisement
4. Select Change Subscription.
5. Underneath your current subscription plan, choose the Extra's drop-down. Advertisement
6. Click the +ADD button next to the Cloud DVR Plus option.Advertisement
7. Select Review.
8. Choose Submit Order. Advertisement
How to use Sling TV's Cloud DVR to record shows and movies1. Find what you want to watch and record either through the Sling Guide or through Search. 2. Select the title you're interested in.Advertisement
3. Click Record to set your recording.
4. Choose how you'd like to record your show.Advertisement
5. To watch your recordings, click the My TV tab and select the episode from the Recordings heading.Advertisement
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- 10 fresh COVID-19 cases in Himachal Pradesh, tally 394
- Two more COVID-19 cases in HP's Hamirpur, seven recover
- Eight deaths, 143 fresh COVID-19 cases in Telangana
- COVID-19 death toll rises to 8, cases cross 2,600 in Odisha
- Jio Investment: Silver Lake raises stake in Jio Platforms to 2.08% for additional Rs 4,546.80 cr