Here's how many people can stream and listen to Pandora at once from a single account
Pandoraallows up to six people to stream music simultaneously with a Pandora Premium Familyplan.
- Members of a Family plan must stream music on separate accounts to listen at the same time on multiple devices.
- Free Pandora accounts,
Pandora Plus, and Pandora Premiumonly allow one device per account to stream at a time.
Many of us may have been sharing streaming accounts since the dawn of Netflix (Netflix freeloaders, you know who you are). But streaming services are finally formalizing their simultaneous streaming options in addition to the number of profiles available under one account.
Like other streaming services, Pandora offers both a Premium and Premium Family subscription tier, among their other paid options. And like Spotify, YouTube Music, and Apple Music, Pandora's family plan allows a version of simultaneous streaming - or streaming music at the same time on different devices.
If you want to stream from separate devices from the same Pandora account, here's what you need to know.
How many people can listen to Pandora at once
With Free Pandora, Pandora Plus, and Pandora Premium, there is no simultaneous streaming ability because, as Pandora writes, these accounts are "meant for individual, non-commercial use." This means that only one person at a time can play music.
If Pandora detects more than one device listening under the same account, you might get an audio message and then a popup that asks you to select either "Let Me Listen" or "Let Them Listen."
With the Premium Family subscription, however, up to six users can stream music simultaneously, provided they are signed in to their respective accounts. The Premium Family subscription is $14.99 per month and accommodates six family members, much like streaming plans from Spotify, YouTube Music, and Apple Music.
If you don't want to purchase a Family account, you'll have to make a new account to play another stream - or create a commercial account if you're using Pandora for a business.
What you need to simultaneously stream on a Pandora Premium Family plan
Once you sign up for a Pandora Premium Family plan, adding other family members and streaming at the same time as them is relatively straightforward. If you do not add these separate accounts, you will not be able to stream music from different devices at the same time in your account - even within the Family plan.
To add family members' accounts on a Premium Family plan, you'll need to go into your subscription settings and click "Manage Family," where you'll have the option to send email invitations to others so they can join the Family plan under their account.
From there, multiple users in the Family plan signed into separate accounts will be able to stream music simultaneously on up to six different devices.Product Card (small)Product Card (small)
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- Indian startup founders celebrate Paytm’s success as company posts first operating profit
- Kim Jong Un abruptly reappears after 36 days out of the spotlight and orders North Korea to 'prepare for war'
- OpenAI makes a ChatGPT-like tool called Codex that can write software. Here's why Codex won't replace developers and will instead create more demand for their skills.
- PM Modi endorses Indian Oil's 'Surya Nutan' solar cooker at India Energy Week! Should you switch?
- Adani Power's Q3 profit plunges 96% to Rs 9 cr as expenses rise
- After an Ather 450X catches fire, the company says its battery is safe — fire was due to a wiring harness issue
- CCTV camera for home with mobile connectivity for 2023
- Best smartwatches under ₹3000