How to add a profile to your HBO Max account, including 'Kid' profiles with parental controls
- You can add
profilesto HBO Maxfrom the "Switch Profiles" screen that appears in the mobile app's "Profile" menu.
- HBO Max lets you create up to five profiles, each with its own preferences and show lists.
- You can also create "Kid" profiles, with parental controls locked behind a PIN.
You can think of your HBO Max subscription as a family plan. It allows you to create up to five profiles, with separate settings for adults and kids.
Whenever you open the HBO Max app, you can choose which profile to use, and change profiles while you're using the app.
You can add and customize profiles using the HBO Max mobile app on an iPhone, iPad, or Android device.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to add a profile on HBO Max
1. Start the
2. To add a new adult profile, tap "Add Adult."
3. Enter the person's name and choose a color ring for their profile — this won't affect anything other than what the profile looks like.
4. Tap "Save."
How to add an kid profile on HBO Max
1. Open the HBO Max app and tap "Profile" in the bottom-right corner, and then tap "Switch Profiles."
2. To add a new kid profile, tap "Add Kid."
3. If this is the first time you're creating a child's profile, you'll need to enter a PIN. This pin is used to lock away mature content. You'll need to enter that PIN to change the profile to a standard adult one, so make it something your kid can't guess (but which you'll remember). Also, there's only one PIN shared across all kid profiles.
4. Enter the child's name, enter a month and year for their birthday, and choose a color ring. Tap "Next."
5. On the next screen, set the parental controls. You can choose the rating for shows and movies that you want your child to have access to. Then tap "Save."
How to change the PIN for kid profiles on HBO Max
If you want to change the PIN that HBO Max uses for its kid profiles, you need to do that from the mobile app.
1. Tap the Profile icon in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
2. Tap the Settings icon at the top-left — it's shaped like a gear.
3. Tap "Parental Controls."
4. Enter the current PIN, followed by the new PIN you want to use, and then tap "Change PIN."
If you forget your PIN, you can tap "Forgot PIN?" and HBO Max will send you a PIN reset email with instructions to reset it.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- The best wildlife photos of the year show a curious grizzly, dueling reindeer, and fish swimming through a cloud of sperm
- Trading app Public lists shiba inu coin on its trading platform as the Robinhood rival broadens crypto offerings
- This Ethereum-based metaverse is letting crypto fans own land on the Red Planet, even though international space laws would disagree
- Unemployment rate in India sees a dip after a month
- L&T aims to become carbon neutral by 2040 and here's how
- Paytm may drop its pre-IPO sale as advisors recommend lower valuation
- Adidas onboards Deepika Padukone as its global brand ambassador