How to add a profile to your HBO Max account, including 'Kid' profiles with parental controls
- You can add
profilesto HBO Maxfrom the "Switch Profiles" screen that appears in the mobile app's "Profile" menu.
- HBO Max lets you create up to five profiles, each with its own preferences and show lists.
- You can also create "Kid" profiles, with parental controls locked behind a PIN.
View all Offers
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9 (Carbon Black, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) | Extra INR 200 Amazon Pay Cashback | 2.3GHz Mediatek Helio G35 Octa core Processor₹ 8999₹ 10999Buy On
- 60% OFF
boAt Bassheads 100 in Ear Wired Earphones with Mic(Black)₹ 399₹ 999Buy On
- 13% OFF
OnePlus Bullets Wireless Z Bass Edition (Bold Black)₹ 1899₹ 2190Buy On
- 67% OFF
boAt Rockerz 255 Pro+ in-Ear Earphones with 40 Hours Battery, ASAP Charge, IPX7, Bluetooth Version 5.0, 10mm Drivers and Voice Assistant(Active Black)₹ 1299₹ 3990Buy On
- 19% OFF
Redmi Note 10 (Aqua Green, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) -Amoled Dot Display | 48MP Sony Sensor IMX582 | Snapdragon 678 Processor₹ 12999₹ 15999Buy On
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to add a profile on HBO Max
1. Start the
2. To add a new adult profile, tap "Add Adult."3. Enter the person's name and choose a color ring for their profile — this won't affect anything other than what the profile looks like.
4. Tap "Save."
How to add an kid profile on HBO Max
1. Open the HBO Max app and tap "Profile" in the bottom-right corner, and then tap "Switch Profiles."2. To add a new kid profile, tap "Add Kid."
3. If this is the first time you're creating a child's profile, you'll need to enter a PIN. This pin is used to lock away mature content. You'll need to enter that PIN to change the profile to a standard adult one, so make it something your kid can't guess (but which you'll remember). Also, there's only one PIN shared across all kid profiles.
4. Enter the child's name, enter a month and year for their birthday, and choose a color ring. Tap "Next."5. On the next screen, set the parental controls. You can choose the rating for shows and movies that you want your child to have access to. Then tap "Save."
How to change the PIN for kid profiles on HBO MaxIf you want to change the PIN that HBO Max uses for its kid profiles, you need to do that from the mobile app.
1. Tap the Profile icon in the bottom-right corner of the screen.2. Tap the Settings icon at the top-left — it's shaped like a gear.
3. Tap "Parental Controls."4. Enter the current PIN, followed by the new PIN you want to use, and then tap "Change PIN."
If you forget your PIN, you can tap "Forgot PIN?" and HBO Max will send you a PIN reset email with instructions to reset it.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- Amazon Prime Day 2021: Best deals and offers on laptops
- Amazon Prime Day 2021: Best deals and offers on Echo, Kindle, Fire TV
- Amazon Prime Day 2021: Best deals and offers on luggage bags
- Amazon Prime Day 2021: Best deals and offers on bags for women
- Amazon Prime Day 2021: Best deals and offers on artificial jewellery