How to add an email account to Microsoft Outlook on a PC or Mac computer
- To add an
email accountto Outlookon your PC, click "Add Account" after opening the File menu.
- To add an
- Most email accounts can be added to Outlook within seconds, but some may require a manual setup.
When you install and run Outlook for the first time, you'll be prompted to add an email account. Without one, you can't send or receive any email.
However, once you've added your first account, it can be difficult to remember how to add another.
Here's how to add an email account to Outlook, whether you're using it on your PC or Mac.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to add an email account to Outlook on your PC
1. Click "File" in the top-left, and then click "Add Account."
2. In the pop-up window, you can enter the email address of the account you want to add and click "Connect." If you want to set up the account manually, click "Advanced options,", then click "Connect." If Outlook recognizes your email account, it will ask you to enter your password and complete the setup.
If it's a straightforward webmail account (like Gmail), Outlook can usually do it automatically. If you're configuring an IMAP or
3. If you need to configure your account manually, choose the type of account you're setting up. The most common options include Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft 365, POP, and IMAP. You can find this information using Google to figure out what type of email account you have.
4. Follow the remaining instructions to configure the account. Depending on the type of email account you're adding, you may need to specify the incoming and outgoing email server names, port numbers and encryption methods. You can get all these details from your email provider's website or technical support. If you are adding an Exchange server to Outlook, you might need to get the details from your IT department or network administrator.
How to add an email account to Outlook on your Mac
1. Open up Outlook on your Mac and click "Outlook" in the menu bar at the top-left of the screen.
2. In the drop-down menu that appears, click "Preferences."
3. A pop-up will open. Click "Accounts."
4. A page will open that lists all of your current accounts. Click the plus sign (+) in the bottom-right, and then select "Add account."
5. In the new window that opens, enter your email address and password. You might be directed back to your email provider's website to confirm that you want to connect the accounts.
Once you confirm that you want to add your email account, it should be connected.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- Here is a list of bank holidays in October 2022
- An Apple executive is leaving the company after being filmed joking about fondling 'big-breasted women' in a viral TikTok video
- Toyota's president said he 'did a little happy dance' after the company dethroned GM to become the bestselling carmaker in the US last year
- Best camera phone under ₹15000
- Best 5G mobile phones under ₹20000
- 22 lakh Indian IT professionals likely to leave jobs by 2025: Report
- OnePlus says successfully geared up for 5G launch with 5G-ready smartphone portfolio
- This website generates videos from a single image and text for free – here’s all you need to know