How to add cells in Google Sheets on your PC or Mac
- You may need to add cells in
Google Sheetsif your spreadsheet needs to contain more information than it currently has room for.
- Adding one cell or multiple cells in
Google Sheets is a free online alternative to
Whether you're monitoring business expenses or keeping track of your favorite "Seinfeld" episodes, spreadsheets are a great way to organize data in a way that's streamlined and very easy to track - you can even do calculations or create alphabetical lists if needed.
Google Sheets can help you keep track of a seemingly endless amount of information, and if you find you need additional cells than provided by default, you can add more in just a few seconds and a few clicks on your
Here's how to do it.
How to add one cell in Google Sheets
1. Go to https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets and either open a previously created spreadsheet or click "New" to create one.
2. To add an additional cell, select a cell by clicking on it, which will then highlight it.
3. Right click the column, row, or cell. When the drop-down menu appears, hover over "Insert Cells," then click "Shift right" or "Shift down" depending on your preference. This will move the cell you have highlighted in that direction and a new cell will be inserted in its place.
How to add multiple cells in Google Sheets
1. Open an already created spreadsheet, or create a new one on the Google Sheets website.
2. Highlight the number of cells you want to add by clicking on one cell and dragging your mouse over the amount of the cells you want to highlight.
3. Right-click on the highlighted cells and from the menu, click "Insert cells" and then "Shift right" or "Shift down" to move the highlighted cells in the selected direction and insert the new cells in their place.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- There is a universal pattern to swearing, across languages
- Are you effectively assessing the impact of marketplace management services?
- Digital upskilling has become the need of the hour for the pharma sector
- Why manufacturers must embrace skills transformation to be future-ready
- 'One-trick' ponies – US, India and China markets are rallying on single narratives, investors need to be cautious, say experts