How to add text to an iMovie to give your video titles, subtitles, or other dramatic flourishes
- You can add text to
iMovieon your iPhoneor iPadvia the "T" icon at the bottom of the screen. Macusers will need to use the "Titles" menu located toward the top-left side of the iMovie window.
- There are more precise editing options available with the Mac version of iMovie, though you can still get the basics accomplished with the mobile app.
View all Offers
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9 (Carbon Black, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) | Extra INR 200 Amazon Pay Cashback | 2.3GHz Mediatek Helio G35 Octa core Processor₹ 8999₹ 10999Buy On
- 60% OFF
boAt Bassheads 100 in Ear Wired Earphones with Mic(Black)₹ 399₹ 999Buy On
- 13% OFF
OnePlus Bullets Wireless Z Bass Edition (Bold Black)₹ 1899₹ 2190Buy On
- 67% OFF
boAt Rockerz 255 Pro+ in-Ear Earphones with 40 Hours Battery, ASAP Charge, IPX7, Bluetooth Version 5.0, 10mm Drivers and Voice Assistant(Active Black)₹ 1299₹ 3990Buy On
- 19% OFF
Redmi Note 10 (Aqua Green, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) -Amoled Dot Display | 48MP Sony Sensor IMX582 | Snapdragon 678 Processor₹ 12999₹ 15999Buy On
How to add text to iMovie on an iPhone or iPadOnce you've opened your project, here's how to add text to your video.
1. Tap into the video clip you want to add text to.2. Select the "T" icon at the bottom of the screen.
3. Choose the desired style from the list of templates.4. Tap the sample title in the viewer and select Edit to type the desired text, then tap Done. 5. From there, you can tap the title again to reposition it as needed.
6. You can also pinch the text to decrease the size, or expand it. Or, if you want to change the font or color, you can tap the "T" that appears on the clip below the video preview area and select either "Aa" (for font), or the multicolor circle icon (for color).
This can also be accomplished when you first select the text style. There are also more options, like text shadow and uppercase, available if you tap the three-dot icon from that screen.
How to add text to iMovie on a MacThe process is different if you're on your computer. Once you open the project, here's what to do.
1. Click into the area of the video you want the text to appear.
2. Select Titles in the top toolbar on the left side of the screen.3. Double-click to choose the theme you want to use.
5. You can then adjust the font, size, and alignment (or add bold, italics, or an outline) using the toolbar above the viewer. You can also reposition it by dragging the text box to the desired area on the viewer.You can change the length for a title, as well as alter when it first appears in your video, by dragging the title track at the bottom of the window. It will appear above any video or audio tracks.
- Amazon Prime Day 2021: Best deals and offers on laptops
- Amazon Prime Day 2021: Best deals and offers on Echo, Kindle, Fire TV
- Amazon Prime Day 2021: Best deals and offers on luggage bags
- Amazon Prime Day 2021: Best deals and offers on bags for women
- Amazon Prime Day 2021: Best deals and offers on artificial jewellery