How to add the Google Drive app to your desktop on a PC and sync all of your files easily
- You can add
Google Driveto your desktop on a PCin addition to using it on a web browser.
- Adding the Google Drive app to your desktop will enable you to sync your documents and files from your computer to Google Drive.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to add Google Drive to your PC desktop1. If you are logged in to your Google account on an internet browser, you must log out temporarily to install Google on your desktop.
2. Once you have logged out, go to drive.google.com and scroll down to the bottom of the webpage. Under the "Downloads" column, click on "Drive for Mac/PC."
3. A new tab will open. Next to the "For Individuals" banner, click on "Download."4. A pop-up window will appear. Click the "Agree and Download" button. Advertisement
5. A program called "installbackupandsync.exe" will begin downloading in your internet browser.Advertisement
6. Click on the program, and it should begin installing once it has finished downloading.
7. Once the installation is complete, click "Close" to exit the pop-up window. Advertisement
8. Google Drive should now appear on your desktop. Look for a window called "Welcome to Backup and Sync" and click on the "Get Started" button.
9. Type in your Gmail address, click "Next," and then type in your Gmail password. Click "Next" when you are finished. Advertisement
10. Set your laptop's preferences for upload quality and file size. When you are finished, click "Next."11. Set your Google Drive syncing preferences. You can sync the entirety of your computer to Google Drive, or select specific folders to sync. Once you are finished, click "Start." Advertisement
After Google Drive is downloaded to your desktop, you will also see shortcuts to Drive programs such as Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Slides.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- Encounter underway in Jammu and Kashmir's Kulgam
- INTERVIEW: Tech Mahindra CFO says lateral hiring will take time — and only after utilisation improves to pre-COVID levels
- Zomato announces 10 days of menstrual leave for all women employees – including transgender people
- Mukesh Ambani is now the world’s fourth-richest person after he beat Louis Vuitton owner Bernard Arnault
- If you have a high risk tolerance — here are a few ‘aggressive’ investment bets to consider