How to block someone on YouTube so that they can't comment on your videos
- You can
blocksomeone on YouTubeby opening their profile and choosing the "Block user" option on their "About" page.
- To block a user using the YouTube mobile app, go to the user's profile page and tap the three-dot menu at the top of the page.
- You can see all your blocked users and unblock them on desktop through the YouTube Studio page, or on mobile by going to each profile page you blocked individually.
- When you block someone on YouTube, you stop that user from commenting on your videos but won't prevent the user from viewing your videos.
Here's how to do it using a Mac or PC, and an iPhone or Android device.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to block someone on YouTube using a computer1. Open YouTube in any internet browser and navigate to the profile of the user you want to block. To do this, you'll just have to find a comment or video by them and click their username.
2. At the top right of the user's profile page, "About." Then click the gray flag icon that appears on the page that opens.3. In the pop-up menu, click "Block user." Confirm you really want to block the individual by clicking "Submit."
How to block someone on YouTube using the mobile app
1. Start the
3. Confirm that you really want to block the user.
How to unblock someone on YouTubeIf you block someone — either intentionally or by accident — and later want to let this person comment on your videos again, you can easily unblock the user using the website.
2. In the navigation pane on the left, click "Settings." The Settings window should appear.
3. Click "Community."4. In the "Hidden users" section, find the person you want to unblock and click the "X" to remove them from the list.
You can also unblock a user by going to their profile page (either in the web browser or on the mobile app) and selecting "Unblock user" from the flag or three-dot menu.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- Larsen & Toubro Infotech to buy Pune-based digital engineering firm CueLogic
- Canadian edtech unicorn ApplyBoard to 'step up' growth in India, raises $300 million in external investment
- Best 43-inch smart LED TVs for small and medium sized rooms
- Moderna's protein-based Covid jab and mRNA vaccine safe for use in children, says university study
- Twitter may now directly be held responsible for every single tweet in India