How to cancel HBO Go through your cable service provider
- You can't cancel
HBO Gothrough HBOdirectly like you can HBO Now, a standalone subscription service.
- HBO Go is packaged through your cable or satellite TV provider, so you'll have to contact the company to remove the channel from your current plan.
- You can locate your HBO provider in the settings section of the HBO Go mobile app.
- HBO Go Help Center offers tips for how to get in touch with your TV provider.
HBO Go is the mobile app that coincides with a paid HBO channel through your provider. Its sister app, HBO Now, can be canceled using more traditional means — accessing the billing information online and stopping it from auto-renewing.
Canceling HBO Go isn't as easy as accessing your account settings. The process involves a few steps with your mobile device or tablet, including a phone call. To cancel your HBO Go account, you'll need to get in touch with your cable or satellite TV service provider.
Here's how to locate your TV provider on the HBO Go app then contact them.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to get in touch with your provider to cancel an HBO subscription
HBO Go Help Center provides a helpful list of the most frequently registered providers. Your provider — the cable company you bundled HBO and other channels with — should be found here. If you're using a university subscription, you can find your school here. Click the link for your provider to open the appropriate support page. If you can't find your provider listed, HBO Go recommends checking your billing statement for contact information.
Additionally, you can contact HBO Go customer service by emailing their account or submitting a request online. However, it's probably best to contact your provider directly. It's also important to note that if you call before the end of your billing cycle to cancel HBO Go, the subscription will likely run through the end of the billing cycle.\
How to locate your provider on the HBO Go app
1. Open the HBO Go app on your phone or tablet.
2. Tap the profile tab in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
3. Tap the gear icon to open your settings.
4. You'll find your service provider at the top of the screen.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- World Heart Day: What treatments cost across top Indian cities and how to stay covered
- World Heart Day delights: Yoga, exercise, and heart-healthy living
- TCS retains No 1 spot as India’s top brand but tech sector takes a hit
- Brewing capital: Third Wave Coffee raises Series C funding with participation from existing investors
- Asian Paints' non-executive director Ashwin Dani passes away