How to change your Discord background to customize the appearance of the group-chatting app
- You can change your
Discordbackground through the app's user settings.
- There, you can choose between dark and light themes.
backgroundthemes that are flashier and more expressive can be installed using BetterDiscord.
Like any good communication app, Discord has the option for its users to switch between light or dark background settings, letting people customize how much light they're viewing while chatting on the app. But since Discord is a more popular app among gaming communities, its customizable appearances go beyond a simple light or dark setting. If you want a flashier background while using the app, you'll need to install third-party software on your computer and then alter Discord's settings.
How to change your Discord background
To change your Discord background to either a light or dark setting:
1. Go to the Discord app's user settings (it's the gear-shaped icon in the bottom-left corner on your desktop. On your phone, click on your profile icon in the bottom-right corner).
2. Scroll down to App Settings and select Appearance.
3. Choose between Light or Dark.
If you want a background that's more expressive than a simple dark or light version, you'll have to install third-party software, BetterDiscord. These changes will only be applicable to your desktop app and not on your phone.
2. Agree to the licensing terms, click Next, and then select Install BetterDiscord.
3. Click Discord.
4. Click Install.
5. Select a theme from the BetterDiscord website that you want to use and click Download.
6. Click on the gear icon in the bottom-left corner to go to your user settings page.
7. Scroll down until you see the BetterDiscord section.
8. Click Themes.
9. Click Open theme Folder. This will open the folder where you need to put the theme you downloaded in order for BetterDiscord to see it. Once it is placed inside this folder, it will automatically be visible inside the BetterDiscord themes page.
10. To activate the theme, toggle the switch to the right of the theme name. You can turn the theme off by toggling the switch again.How to change your Discord profile picture using your computer How to turn on dark mode in Discord and give the app a sleek new look How to contact Discord and submit a help or support request as a user or developer How to use Discord's screen share feature to livestream
- More than $100,000 raised for loyal Burger King employee of 27 years in GoFundMe campaign after video shows him getting 'goody' bag as reward
- 'Get your boy Elon in line:' Former NASA official says she was ridiculed for supporting SpaceX in new memoir
- India is betting on casinos, online games and horse races to fill its coffers
- Best voltage stabilizers for home in India
- Asus teases the ROG Phone 6 gaming phone — confirmed to feature IPX4 splash-resistance
- Supercomputers are faster and more powerful — but need to be more energy-efficient
- Best hair removal cream for women in India
- Sensex, Nifty maintain 3-day streak, rally by nearly 1%