How to change your iPhone wallpaper, and set different images for your home and lock screens
- You can change your
iPhonewallpaper in the Settings app or Photos app.
- To set your iPhone wallpaper, you can choose from your Photos or Apple's stock images.
- It's easy to display different images as your home screen and lock screen wallpaper.
Most people spend a good chunk of their day staring at their phone. Because of this, it's important to be able to customize your phone with the apps and settings you want, as well as the image (or images) you want displayed as your phone's wallpaper.
If you own an iPhone, changing the wallpaper on your home screen is quick and easy. Better yet, you can choose separate images for both your home screen and lock screen, or the same for both.
Here's how to do it.
How to change your iPhone wallpaper
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Scroll down to find the Wallpaper option, and tap it to be taken to the current images you have set.
3. Tap Choose a New Wallpaper.
4. At the top of the next page, you can select Dynamic, Stills, or Live to be taken to stock images in each category. Or, select a photo from your camera roll by tapping a category like All Photos, Recents, or Favorites.
Quick tip: You can also set a live photo as your background, which makes it appear like your background is a short video.
5. Tap on the image you would like to set as your background. This will launch a preview screen, where you can move and scale the image. You can also tap the icon (which looks like a phone with two arrows on it) at the bottom-center of the preview page to turn the Perspective Zoom on or off. Turning on Perspective Zoom will make your background image move and shift as you move your phone.
Quick tip: You can also get to this preview page by selecting a photo directly from the Photos app. To do so, open the Photos app, tap on an image, tap the Share icon in the bottom-left corner, and select Use as Wallpaper in the pop-up.
6. When you're satisfied with how the photo looks, tap Set.
7. A pop-up will appear asking you to choose whether you want to Set Lock Screen, Set Home Screen, or Set Both. Tap on your choice and the wallpaper will be set.
Quick tip: On the Wallpaper page in your Settings app, you can also turn on Dark Appearance Dims Wallpaper to have your iPhone dim your background to match your ambient light.How to make a picture fit as a wallpaper on your iPhone How to set different wallpapers on each of your dual monitors in Windows 10, or set one picture to stretch across both How to use Night mode on your iPhone to take better photos in the dark What are the green and orange dots on an iPhone? How to tell when apps are using your mic or camera
- TRS MPs to meet on Sunday to chalk out party's strategy for Budget session of Parliament
- EXPLAINED: India’s annual Economic Survey
- With COVID expenses rising, taxpayers need more than an insurance rebate, says a wealth manager
- Budget 2022 expectation: Why India needs an urban MGNREGA
- Here’s why there is less adoption of the new tax regime and how budget 2022 can make it more attractive