How to change your YouTube channel name on desktop and mobile
- You can change your
YouTubechannel name on a desktop computer, or via the mobile app.
- Be aware that changing your channel name will remove verification, so you'd have to reapply.
- Changing your YouTube name doesn't impact your Google name.
Your YouTube channel name is supposed to encapsulate what your channel is about - but that can change over time. And if it no longer represents what you do, it may be time for a refresh. That means changing your channel name.
Here's how to get it done, and what it means for your channel and Google account.
How to change YouTube channel name on desktop
1. Go to the YouTube website and log in to your account, if needed.
2. Click your profile icon, in the top-right corner of the screen, and select Your Channel.
3. Select the blue Customize Channel button.
4. Select the Basic Info tab.
5. Click the Edit icon, which looks like a pencil, next to your current channel name.
6. Add your desired channel name in the text box.
7. Click the blue Publish button, located toward the top-right corner of the screen, to change your channel name.
How to change YouTube channel name on mobile
The process is the same on an Android or iPhone.
1. Open the
2. Tap your profile picture, located in the top-right corner of the screen.
3. Select Your Channel.
4. Tap Edit Channel.
5. Select the Edit icon, which looks like a pencil, next to your name.
6. Add your desired channel name in the text box and tap the check mark in the top-right corner, or OK, depending on your phone.
Can you change your YouTube name without changing your Google name?
Yes. Your channel name is separate from your Google name. That said, your YouTube channel name information will be stored within your Google account. And your Google account is considered your primary account, while your YouTube name acts as a public persona.How to share a YouTube playlist with a link to view or collaborate, so multiple users can add videos to a playlist How to delete a YouTube playlist using your desktop or the mobile app How to upload a video to YouTube and customize its settings on desktop and mobile How to watch private YouTube videos, using a viewing link sent to your email
- At least 21 people, mostly teens, were found dead in a South Africa bar. None of them had any visible wounds.
- Lay’s, Kurkure and Bingo are taking over Indian snacks like Aloo Bhujia, Murukku
- More than $100,000 raised for loyal Burger King employee of 27 years in GoFundMe campaign after video shows him getting 'goody' bag as reward
- Akash Ambani to head Reliance Jio - that’s just phase I of Mukesh Ambani’s succession plan
- Maha crisis: Thackeray appeals to the rebels to come back
- Tata Motors to increase price of its commercial vehicle segment from July 1
- Best drilling machine for home use in India
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee's biopic is on the works based on the book, The Untold Vajpayee