How to change your YouTube password, which is also the password for your Google account
- To change your
YouTubepassword, you'll need to change your password, as they're the same password.
- You can change your Google password through your Google account's "Security" menu.
- Changing this password will change the password on your YouTube account, Google Drive account, Gmail account, and more.
Some years ago, if you wanted to change your YouTube password, it was as simple as going to your YouTube settings.
Today, however, your YouTube account is also a Google account — meaning YouTube uses the same password as Gmail, Google Docs, and every other Google product.
As such, if you want to change your YouTube password now, what you really have to do is change the password of the Google account connected to your YouTube account. You don't actually have to go to the YouTube website at all to do this.
Here's how to change your Google account password, so that you can log into YouTube with a new password. You can do this through any internet browser on your Mac or PC.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to change your YouTube password through Google
1. Go to myaccount.google.com and log into your Google account.
2. Click the option labeled "Security" in the sidebar on the left.
3. On the main part of the page, scroll down. Under the header "Signing in to Google," click "Password."
4. Enter your current password.
5. Enter the new password that you want, and then enter it again to confirm that you typed it correctly.
Your password must be at least eight characters long, and ideally you want it to have a mix of letters, numbers, and symbols so that it's difficult to guess.
When you're finished, click "Change Password."
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- J&K has highest share of 5 per cent budget allocation in health sector across country: LG
- RBI expected to hold rates on uncertainty over new COVID-19 variant
- Best 128GB pen drive in India
- Best 256GB flash drive in India
- Delhi reports first case of the new Omicron COVID-19 strain