How to check your app usage stats an Android device to figure out which apps you spend the most battery, data, and time on
- There are several ways to check your
app usageon an Androidphone or tablet.
- To see how much battery each app is using, check the Battery section of the Settings app.
- You can see how much time you spend in each app through the Digital Wellbeing section.
- Lastly, you can head to the Network & Internet page to see how much data your apps use.
Your Android device probably has a lot of apps, and each of these apps uses resources like battery power and wireless data.
You have a few simple tools for tracking these kinds of app usage stats, which you can use to decide if you need to uninstall apps that are hogging your phone's resources.Various Android devices sometimes label the Settings options differently, so your phone's Settings might not perfectly match these instructions, but they should be very similar and not difficult to find.Advertisement
How to check your app usage on an Android
Battery lifeEvery app uses some amount of battery power. This will let you see what apps are battery hogs.
1. Start the Settings app and tap "Battery."2. Tap "Battery Usage."
3. Make sure you're on the App tab. You can scroll through the list of apps on your phone and see what percentage of the total battery each of your apps is currently using.
Internet and dataThis is useful if you're using a limited mobile data plan. 1. Start the Settings app and tap "Network & Internet."Advertisement
2. Tap "Data Usage."
3. On the Data usage page, tap "View Details."4. You should now be able to scroll through a list of all the apps on your phone, and see how much data each one is using. You can change the time period using the date control at the top of the page and see more details about data usage by tapping on a specific app. Advertisement
This lets you see what your favorite apps are, and how much time you're spending with them.
1. Start the Settings app and tap "Digital Wellbeing and parental controls."2. Tap "Show your data" in the Your Digital Wellbeing tools section at the top of the page. Advertisement
3. You can see your current app usage statistics front-and-center on the screen. To see a weekly report of your screen time in apps, tap the graph icon at the top right of the screen.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- Chemcon makes a lot of money for its IPO investors — shares list at double the issue price
- Top stock movers — RIL, PVR, Bajaj Auto, INOX Leisure, ONGC, Oil India and more
- ISRO to carry first-ever French payload abroad Venus mission scheduled for 2025
- BJP MP Ravi Kishan gets Y plus category security
- Lakshmi Vilas Bank shortlists three candidates for MD & CEO post — will send names to RBI in a week