How to check your iPhone battery's health in 3 simple steps, and tell when it's time for a replacement
- To check your
iPhone battery's health, open the "Battery" menu in your Settings app and tap " Battery Health."
- Whenever you charge your iPhone, the battery slightly degrades, meaning it won't be able to hold as much power in a single charge.
iPhonewill need to be running iOS 11.3 or higher to check your battery health.
It's true: Your iPhone's battery degrades over time.As your iPhone ages (and as you repeatedly recharge it), the battery slowly loses its ability to hold power, and won't last as long each day on a charge.
View all Offers
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Blue Haze, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9A (Nature Green, 2GB RAM, 32GB Storage) | 2GHz Octa-core Helio G25 Processor | 5000 mAh Battery₹ 6999₹ 8499Buy On
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Gray Sierra, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
- 19% OFF
Redmi Note 10 (Aqua Green, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) -Amoled Dot Display | 48MP Sony Sensor IMX582 | Snapdragon 678 Processor₹ 12999₹ 15999Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9 (Carbon Black, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) | 2.3GHz Mediatek Helio G35 Octa core Processor₹ 8999₹ 10999Buy On
How to check your iPhone's battery health
2. Tap Battery.3. Tap Battery Health. The Battery Health page shows your iPhone's remaining battery capacity, among other breakdowns of battery health.
Per Apple's description, the Maximum Capacity listed is "a measure of battery capacity relative to when it was new. Lower capacity may result in fewer hours of usage between charge." The closer your device is to 100%, the better.
Apple says that your phone's battery is "designed to retain up to 80% of its original capacity after 500 complete charge cycles," which for most people takes about two years of use.In the Peak Performance Capability section, you'll see a more detailed explanation of how your battery is doing.
Peak Performance Capability messages
Here are some common messages you may see when you click through to the Peak Performance Capability section of the Battery menu in Settings.
- Your battery is currently supporting normal peak performance. This means that your battery is working normally and has the highest capacity available.
- Built-in dynamic software and hardware will help counter performance impacts that may be noticed as your iPhone battery chemically ages. As your battery ages, you might see this message. This means your battery is beginning to degrade, which may affect performance.
- This iPhone has experienced an unexpected shutdown because the battery was unable to deliver the necessary peak power. Performance management has been applied to help prevent this from happening again. This message is an indication your battery is causing issues with your iPhone, and it might soon be time to upgrade. You're likely going to see performance issues, like slower loading times.
- Your battery's health is significantly degraded. The iPhone will display this when the battery's capacity is below 80%, and it can significantly affect your phone's ability to work normally.
If your iPhone is older and can't upgrade to iOS 11.3, then you can't check on battery health in Settings. However, you can ask Apple to run a diagnostic test on your battery for you. You can do this by visiting an Apple Store, or by talking to Apple's customer support online.'Why won't my iPhone charge?': How to diagnose and fix common iPhone charging problems 8 ways to charge your iPhone faster, including using the right charger and taking it out of direct sunlight How to tell if your iPhone is charging properly, whether it's turned on or off How to properly clean your iPhone's charging port when it won't charge
- BMW builds two futuristic electric scooters that you cannot buy
- Facebook’s first smart glasses in partnership with Ray-Ban are coming soon but don’t get too excited yet
- Shortform apps to take over second spot in users time spent after Internet giants like Facebook and Google: RedSeer
- OPINION: Rupee exchange rate against the Euro may improve to 86 in the near term
- Mortgage startup Easy has raised $15 million to provide quick home loans in a matter of days