How to clear cache, history, and cookies on iPhone for Safari and iOS apps, to free up space and improve speed
- You can clear
cache, history, and cookieson your iPhoneto improve speed and performance.
- You can also clear cache for iPhone apps by offloading or deleting them to free up space.
- When you clear cache, you may lose some saved data from affected apps, like passwords and files.
Apple offers several ways for iPhone users to clear their cache, whether it's for
When you clear cache on iPhone for Safari, it means all the files, images, passwords, and scripts from previously visited websites will be wiped. You can also clear cache on iPhone apps by offloading or deleting them.Clearing cache for Safari and certain apps can free up space on your iPhone, improving speed and performance by removing unnecessary app data.
Here's how to clear cache on your iPhone.
How to clear cache, history, and cookies on iPhone for SafariTo clear cache on your iPhone, select Safari in the Settings app and click "Clear History and Website Data."
Here's a full step-by-step guide:1. Open the Settings app and click Safari. 2. Tap "Clear History and Website Data."
3. Your device will double-check that you want to clear Safari's data. Click through the message that follows.
Note: You can also clear cache and preserve history and cookies in Settings by clicking Safari > Advanced > Website Data > Remove All Website Data.
How to clear cache on iPhone for appsTo clear cache on iPhone apps, you'll need to offload them. Offloading an app will free up storage space used by the app while still keeping its documents and data. If and when you reinstall the app, your data will be reinstated.
1. Open the Settings app.
2. Select "General" and tap "iPhone Storage."
Quick tip: iPhone also offers offloading recommendations. For example, you can enable auto-deletion of old iMessages and review downloaded videos for potential deletion to help free up space and speed up your device.
How to clear cache on iPhone for apps with a cache featureSome apps have a cache feature that make it easy for you to clear it directly in the Settings app. Here's how to find it:
1. Open your iPhone's settings.2. Scroll until you see the eligible app, then tap it. 3. Look for a "Clear cache" option. If the toggle next to it is green, tap it to clear the app's cache.
Note: Some iPhone carriers, like T-Mobile, have a way to clear your cache that's built-in to your Settings app. If your carrier does, you should locate its app from the Settings list and check for a "Clear Cache" option, or something similar.How to clear the Bluetooth cache on your phone or tablet to fix issues with your connection How to clear the Instagram cache on your iPhone to free up storage space How to clear the cache on your iPad to make it run more efficiently How to clear the cache on your Mac computer to make it run more efficiently
- Microsoft Remote Desktop for macOS updated with M1 chip support
- GoaMiles, a new state-backed cab aggregator service in tourists' hub has the taxi drivers on strike for 10 days
- Amazon, Alibaba, Flipkart, Snapdeal and others get an angry letter from India's telecom regulator
- A newly found ‘super’ Earth only takes 2.4 days to complete a year
- A venture capitalist's advice for startups looking to raise money during this pandemic