How to clear the cache in BlueStacks on PC or Mac
- There are two ways to clear your
cacheon BlueStacksand free up storage space.
- If you're using BlueStacks 5 on a PC, you can clear your cache through the built-in Settings app.
- With BlueStacks 4 on a Mac, you can use the "Disk cleanup" feature to reclaim unused space.
BlueStacks is the premiere Android
Luckily, both major versions of BlueStacks — BlueStacks 5 on PC and BlueStacks 4 on Mac — let users easily clear out this extra data. The exact method you use differs a bit, but both methods will help free up storage space that BlueStacks doesn't need.
Quick tip: BlueStacks X/BlueStacks 10, also available on PC, doesn't offer a way to clear the cache. You'll have to open BlueStacks 5 to do it.
How to clear the cache on BlueStacks 5 for Windows
There are two ways to clear your cache in BlueStacks 5.
First, you can use your fake Android phone's Settings app.
1. Open BlueStacks and stay on the app's homepage.
2. Open the System apps folder, and then select Settings.
3. Click Storage.
Now you've got two options. You can either clear the entire cache at once, or clear the cache for specific apps.
4. If you want to clear the entire cache, scroll down and click Cached data, then confirm you want to clear it.
5. To clear a specific app's cache, click Apps at the top of the page, then select the app you want to clean up. Click
Secondly, you can use the BlueStack app's own Settings page.
1. While on BlueStacks' homepage, click the small gear icon in the toolbar on the right.
2. Click User data in the left sidebar.
3. Under the Disk cleanup heading, click Free up space, then click Continue.
BlueStacks will shut down and take a few minutes to clean up its own files and free up any space that it doesn't need.
How to clear the cache on BlueStacks 4 for Mac
On a Mac, you can only use the app's Preferences page.
1. Open the app and click BlueStacks in the top-left corner of your screen.
2. Select Preferences, then click User data at the top of the pop-up that opens.
3. Click the Free up space option and select Continue to confirm your choice.
BlueStacks will shut down to scan and clean up its files. When the app relaunches, it'll have freed up space that it doesn't need.
- Sebi to boost disclosure norms; do away with permanent board seats for individuals
- Here are the ten big income tax rule changes that will come into effect from April 1
- Not just for OTT, people rely on digital to discover & engage with content across TV and movies: BCG-Meta Report
- SPC Lifesciences files draft papers with SEBI for IPO
- Sensex rallies 346 pts, Nifty near 17,100 on firm global markets