How to connect an Xbox controller to your iPhone to play games and more
- To connect an
Xbox controllerto your iPhoneand play games with it, you'll need to have at least iOS 13.
- You can connect nearly any
Xboxcontroller, whether it's from the Xbox Oneor Xbox Series X/S.
- Make sure that your Xbox controller has Bluetooth and is in pairing mode before trying to connect it.
Thanks to some recent updates, you can now connect nearly every popular video game controller to your iPhone. This includes Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S controllers, which are considered some of the best on the market.
Although not every game supports the use of controllers, several of the more popular games on the App Store allow it, including nearly every game in the Apple Arcade.
Pairing your Xbox One controller to your iPhone is pretty straightforward. Here's how to do it.
Does your Xbox controller have Bluetooth?
Your iPhone connects to game controllers using Bluetooth. This means that any controller you connect needs to have Bluetooth, too.
Luckily, nearly all official Xbox controllers have Bluetooth. This includes the controllers that come with the Xbox One S, Xbox One X, and Xbox Series X/S. So if you've bought your controller within the last five years, you probably don't need to worry.
If you're still using the controllers that came with the original Xbox One, however, you might need to upgrade.
There's an easy way to tell if your Xbox One controller has Bluetooth. A Bluetooth-capable Xbox One controller has plastic around the Xbox button that matches the rest of the controller's color. Non-Bluetooth controllers instead have plastic that matches the color of the bumper buttons.
How to connect an Xbox controller to your iPhone
Now, if you have an Xbox controller with Bluetooth:
1. Hold down the Xbox logo button, located at the top-center of the controller, until it starts flashing. If it doesn't flash and instead just glows solidly, it's already paired to a nearby Xbox - if this is the case, hold the small button located next to the charging port until the Xbox logo flashes.
2. Grab your iPhone and open the Settings app, then tap Bluetooth.
3. Once you're in the Bluetooth menu, you should see a device named "Xbox Wireless Controller" or something similar. Tap it, and your iPhone will ask you if you want to pair the device.
4. Select Pair.
5. Later, if you're done using the controller and want to disconnect it, go to the Bluetooth menu again, tap the small i icon next to the device's name, and then tap Disconnect.
Quick tip: While you have a controller connected, head to the Settings app and select General. There, you'll find a menu called Game Controller. You can use this menu to customize the controller's buttons.
- No crypto ban in India — SEBI will reportedly be pulled in to regulate the sector
- I wore the same outfit for a week, as part of a productivity hack promoted by Steve Jobs — but it didn't really work. After speaking to psychologists, I'm not surprised.
- Maruti cars to cost you more from January next year
- Dell Latitude 7320 Review — A good-looking compact convertible let down by the keyboard
- SaaS firm RateGain’s IPO opens tomorrow — should you invest?
- Global digital advertising accounted for 64.4% of all advertising in 2021, up from 60.5% in 2020: GroupM report
- After Mercedes-Benz, Audi, Maruti Suzuki, now Tata Motors increases price of its vehicles from January
- 44 key areas, a national framework, and a multi-institutional approach — Here's what you need to know about India's new National Blockchain Strategy