How to create a Wikipedia page for a person, place, company, or any notable topic
- Anyone can sign up for a
Wikipediaaccount and create a unique article or contribute to an existing one.
- Wikipedia has notability and core content requirements it considers before allowing a page to be published, such as the subject's history of publication in legitimate sources.
- To help you create a Wikipedia page, the website provides a helpful widget to walk users through the process of creating and publishing a new article.
Since its launch, Wikipedia has slowly become one of the world's largest and most popular information sources. Tens of millions of pages worth of information, to be more exact.
Wikipedia's content is all user-generated, meaning anyone with a registered account can create and publish a new page. Editors then collaborate on these pages, covering various subjects — from notable people and places to science and pop culture. Unfortunately, while the platform is open and collaborative, you can't just create a page for anything.Wikipedia has notability requirements — mainly that the subject of a new page must have been written about in verifiable publications such as books, magazines, or academic journals, and not previously written about on Wikipedia. Your content also must meet Wikipedia's core content requirements.
Whether you're an individual with a few passionate interests or a marketing expert representing a company or brand, if you're interested in getting into Wikipedia page building, the site has a widget to keep the process simple and straightforward.Here's how to use it.
How to create a Wikipedia page
- Note: After you create an account, you will be automatically logged in.
4. On the wizard, click "Next" to begin creating your page.
- Note: Alternately, you can choose to "Practice in the community sandbox," which is recommended for new users unfamiliar with publishing on Wikipedia.
5. After reviewing and agreeing to notability and other publication requirements, click "Next."6. Select the appropriate option to let Wikipedia know if you're a paid editor, you're writing about yourself, or someone you know/are close to, or if you're writing about a subject to which you have no connection.
7. Enter a name for your draft, then click "Create new article draft."
8. In the pop-up box that appears, select "Start editing" to begin writing your article in the appropriate field.9. When finished with your edits, click "Publish" to save your article to draft.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- Honda to export new City 2020 from India to left-hand drive markets
- WhatsApp to add additional security layer for users to link account to computers
- AAP to contest elections in Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Goa, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh and Gujarat in 2022, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Top 10 business investment options in Dubai for India's best minds
- India needs to add massive amount of solar and wind power capacity this year to meet its first target