How to delete calendar events or decline shared events on your iPhone
- Deleting calendar events on your
iPhonecan help you declutter your Calendar app.
- You can delete events and entire calendars on the Calendar app.
- You can't delete shared events, but you can decline the invite to get the event to disappear.
Apple's Calendar app can be a useful way to plan your days, especially if you use other Apple products. But sometimes our plans don't pan out the way we expect, and it can be useful to delete calendar events that aren't relevant anymore.
Here's how to get it done on an iPhone.
How to delete calendar events on your iPhone
You can delete individual events you've created by tapping into the event and selecting Delete Event at the bottom of the screen.
If it's a repeating event, you'll see the option to either delete the selected event, or all future events as well.
To delete shared events or calendars, however, you'll need to use other methods.
How to delete a shared calendar event
You can't 'delete' shared events, which you may have been invited to by a friend or acquaintance. However, you can get those events to not appear on your calendar:
1. Open the Calendar app and locate the event you want to get rid of.
2. Select Decline for the invitation response.
How to delete an entire calendar
You also have the option to delete whole calendars, which you may no longer need or use.
1. Open the Calendar app.
2. At the bottom of your screen, tap Calendars to display the calendars currently synced to the app.
3. Locate the calendar you wish to delete, then tap the info button to the right of it.
4. Scroll down to the very bottom of the screen until you see the Delete Calendar button. Tap to delete.
5. A message will appear asking you to confirm your intention to delete the calendar in question, letting you know that all events associated with the calendar will also be deleted.
6. Click Delete Calendar again to fully delete.
Quick tip: To add a new calendar event simply tap Add Calendar, located on the lower left-hand side of your screen and give your calendar a name.
- SIMPLY PUT: What happened before India got Freedom@Midnight
- Here’s how much banks have increased home loan interest rates
- Avatar 2, Black Panther 2, Ant Man — Here is a complete list of Hollywood movies expected to hit Indian theaters in the next 6-7 months
- Qmin has been profitable business for IHCL from day one, says Jehangir Press
- India's foreign exchange reserves fall to $573 bn