How to delete multiple emails at once in Microsoft Outlook and empty your inbox faster
- You can delete multiple emails at once when your Outlook inbox or any other Outlook folder is cluttered.
- Using the Shift and CTRL keys, you can choose a consecutive series of emails or any set of non-consecutive messages for deletion.
- Select multiple emails in the Outlook mobile app by tapping and holding a message to enter the app's selection mode.
Unless you practice a time management strategy like Inbox Zero, your Outlook inbox is probably overrun with
To help clean up your inbox, the email client offers a way to quickly and efficiently delete multiple emails at once. The process for removing multiple emails is the same no matter what version of Outlook you use but is slightly different depending on whether you're on a desktop or the mobile app.
Here are several handy tactics for selecting and deleting multiple emails.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to delete multiple emails in Outlook on a computer
To delete all the emails in a single folder (such as the inbox):
1. Click any message to select it.
2. Then press CTRL + A to select all the messages in the folder.
3. Press the Delete key to eliminate them.
To delete a range of consecutive messages:
1. Click the first message and then scroll to the last email you want to delete.
2. Holding Shift, click the final email.
3. Press Delete.
To delete non-consecutive emails:
1. Press and hold the CTRL button on the keyboard.
2. While still holding CTRL, click each message you want to delete.
3. When you're ready, press Delete.
How to delete multiple emails in Outlook on a mobile device
1. Open the folder with the messages you want to delete.
2. Tap and hold the first message you want to delete. After a moment, checkboxes to the left of each email will appear.
3. Tap each message that you want to delete.
4. If you want to delete everything in this folder, tap "Select All" at the top of the screen.
5. When you're ready, tap the Delete icon at the bottom of the screen.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- Best table tennis racquets for recreation in India
- Best laptops with 11th Gen Intel i5 processors
- Best laptops with 11th Gen Intel i7 processors
- Best gaming laptops with 11th Gen Intel processors
- Best FreeSync monitors for a smooth gaming experience