How to download Audacity, a popular and free audio-editing program, on your Mac or PC
- To download Audacity, you'll just need to head to the
Audacitydownloading hub, which you can reach through the official Audacity website.
- There are separate Audacity download files for
- Audacity is free to download, but if you like the program, you can donate to the developers.
Audacity is a free, open-source audio editing program for Windows, Mac, and other operating systems. It's one of a few programs for working with multi-track sound, and is a popular choice for podcasters and musicians who don't have the budget for a more advanced audio editor.Audacity is free to download and use, though development of the program depends in part on donations, so you're encouraged to make a small contribution if you use the program and find it valuable.
How to download AudacityDownloading and installing Audacity can be confusing because of the way Audacity's developers have organized the
In both cases, when you're ready to actually download the program, you'll be sent to the download hub for Audacity. Here's where you'll find the actual installer links for Windows and Mac.Beware: There's usually a large ad at the top of the hub with a prominent "download" button. This isn't the Audacity download button, so don't click it. Instead, look at the files below it and click the version you want to install (either "Audacity Windows Installer" or "Audacity macOS DMG"). That download file will save to your computer, where you can then run the installer and start using Audacity.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- Cannes Lions 2021: On Day 3, Dentsu Webchutney brings home 2 Silver Lions
- Best laptop for students in India in 2021
- Twitter rolls out new update for iOS allowing users to share tweets to Instagram stories
- If you are vaccinated, IndiGo Airlines is giving discounts on airfares
- Microsoft joins Apple in $2 Trillion Club