How to download maps from Google Maps to get driving directions offline
- To download
mapsfrom Google Maps, you just need to search for the location you want and tap "Download."
- Once you've downloaded a
- Maps can only be downloaded using the Google Maps smartphone or tablet apps.
Where would we be without Google Maps? If you're on the road and run into an area without internet, the answer might be: "I have no idea."If you know that you'll be heading somewhere without internet that you don't know well, consider downloading the maps you need from Google Maps beforehand. This will make sure that you never lose your way.
What to know before downloading from Google MapsTo access your offline map, just use Google Maps normally. When you scroll to the location you downloaded, you should see the street names and major landmarks.
But before you place all your hopes in a downloaded map, note that the
Downloaded maps will also take up storage space on your phone (you'll be told how much before you attempt the download), so it's a good idea to double check that you have enough space to accommodate the new download.And lastly, in some regions, offline downloading isn't an option due to contractual limitations and language support.
How to download maps in Google Maps on an iPhone or iPadiPhone and iPad users who are familiar with the Google Maps app should find this process pretty painless. Here's how to get started:
1. Open your Google Maps app and make sure that you're logged into your Google account.
2. In the search bar, search for the location you want to save, like "Portland."3. The map will scroll to show the location you searched, and a tab will appear at the bottom of the screen that repeats the address and offers a few options. Below the address, scroll to the right and tap "Download."
4. You'll be asked to confirm that you want the download, and told how much space it'll take up on your phone. Tap "Download" to start it.
How to download maps in Google Maps on an AndroidDownloading maps on your Android device is just as easy.
2. In the search bar, search for the location you want to save, like "Geneseo."3. When it appears, tap on the name of the location at the bottom of the screen to pull up a tab with more details.
4. Select Download, and then confirm by pressing Download again. You'll be told how much space the offline map will take up before you confirm.Important: To delete your downloaded maps, open Google Maps and tap your profile picture in the top-right corner, then tap Offline Maps. You'll be shown all your saved maps - to delete one, tap the three dots next to it and select Delete. Devon Delfino contributed to a previous version of this article.
- Here’s how to recharge your Reliance Jio on WhatsApp
- India may classify Bitcoin as an asset class, but that may not solve the underlying problem
- Facebook rolls out new chat themes and payment options in Messenger app for US users
- Dodla Dairy's ₹520 crore IPO isn't to expand into new markets but to strengthen its foothold where it already exists
- Sun TV Network's advertising revenue shrinks, but profit jumps 11% on subscriptions