How to download music from Spotify and listen to your favorite songs offline
- You can download music from
Spotifyfor offline listening if you have a subscription to Spotify Premium.
- You're able to download albums, playlists, and podcasts on Spotify's mobile app.
- You can only download playlists for offline listening if you're using Spotify on a computer.
Spotify allows users with Spotify Premium to download music so that they can listen to their favorite songs or albums offline.
Quick tip: Spotify lets you download playlists, albums, and podcasts on mobile. But you can only download playlists on your computer.
If you're about to hop on a long train ride or are heading to an area without Wi-Fi, here's how to download your favorite songs for offline listening with a Spotify Premium account.
How to download music from Spotify on your iPhone or Android phone
To download music from Spotify, select the album or playlist and tap the "Download" button on Android or the downward-facing arrow on iPhone. When the download completes, you'll see a green downward-facing arrow next to each song.
Here's a full step-by-step breakdown.
- Launch the Spotify app on your
iPhoneor Android device and log into your Spotify Premium account.
- Tap on "Your Library," located in the bottom-right corner of the screen. Then select the playlist that you want to download in the "Your Library" tab.
- In the playlist, tap the "Download" button so that the toggle turns green. This will immediately download the songs in your playlist. You'll see a green downward-facing arrow next to each song when the download is complete.
Quick tip: To access your downloaded Spotify playlist on your phone, all you have to do is tap Your Library > Music and select your music under Playlists or Albums.
How to download music from Spotify on your computer
- Subscribe to Spotify Premium, or log into your Premium account on your
- Find the playlist that you want to download.
- After you've selected the playlist from your account, click the "Download" button to the right so that the toggle turns green. The playlist will immediately start downloading.
- After you finish downloading your music, the songs in the playlist will be available offline. A green symbol will appear next to a downloaded playlist.
Quick tip: To access your downloaded Spotify playlist on your computer, go to Settings > Show Advanced Settings > Offline Songs Storage, and from there, you should be able to see the location of your downloaded songs.How to upload local music to Spotify so you can play songs stored on your computer, even when offline How much does Spotify pay per stream? What you'll earn per song, and how to get paid more for your music How to add Spotify music to your Instagram story in 5 simple steps How to play music from Spotify on your Apple Watch, through the Watch app
- I'm a 56-year-old IT worker who got laid off last year and have been unemployed ever since. I have a hunch I'm not finding work due to ageism. How do I prove it?
- Germany relaxes Schengen visa rules for Indians
- Kanye West says he's selling Balenciaga, Adidas, and Gap hoodies for $20 after the companies all cut ties with him
- WhatsApp rolls out contact cards sharing on Windows beta
- FIFA WC: Lionel Messi doing well, says Argentina manager Scaloni amid injury concerns
- ADB, Wabag sign USD 25 mn debt facility for sanitation, water security in India
- RBI pauses onboarding of online merchants by Paytm Payments Services; firm says no material impact on biz
- Over 50% of microbusinesses had no mechanisms to cushion Covid impact, Road to Recovery report says