How to download Netflix movies and shows onto your phone or tablet
- You can download
Netflixmovies and TV shows onto your phone or tablet by tapping the arrow icon on their details page.
- Once you've downloaded Netflix movies, you can find them on the app's
Downloadspage. Netflix downloadscan be watched at any time, even if you don't have internet.
Netflix remains the most popular video streaming service around. But as convenient as streaming over the internet is, sometimes you need to watch videos without internet - if you're planning to fly on a plane, visit a remote location, or otherwise be away from Wi-Fi, you might want something saved to your phone or tablet for offline playback.Netflix makes it easy to download video to a mobile device for just these kinds of situations. Here's how to do it.
How to download movies and shows from Netflix1. Open the Netflix app and find the movie or TV show you want to download, and then tap it to open its details page. If you're downloading a show, also find the episode you want.
2. Tap the download button, which is shaped like a downward-pointing arrow. The button will change to indicate it's downloading, and after a few moments (depending on the speed of your internet connection and the length of the video) it'll finish. You can tell it's been downloaded because you'll see an icon representing your mobile device instead of the Download button.Movies only have a single download button, while a TV series will generally have a separate download button for each episode. Also, note that not every video on Netflix can be downloaded - due to licensing issues, you may find that there's no download button available for a movie you want to save.
How to watch a movie you've downloaded on the Netflix app
Once you download a movie to your
How to delete a downloaded movie from Netflix to free space
After you've downloaded some movies to your mobile device, you might eventually want to remove them to save space. There are two ways to do this:
- To delete downloaded videos one at a time, go to the movie or series' details page and tap the mobile device icon that tells you the video's been downloaded. In the pop-up menu that appears, tap Delete Download.
- To delete all your downloaded videos at once, go to the Downloads page and tap the pencil icon in the top-right. On an iPhone or iPad, tap the red X icon next to any title you want to delete; on an Android, select the title you want to delete and then tap the trashcan icon in the top-right.
All Netflix downloads will also expire after a certain amount of time - the exact time will differ depending on the title.How to delete your Netflix viewing history, and prevent something you've watched from affecting your viewing recommendations How to use a Netflix gift card to pay for your Netflix subscription plan Netflix tips and tricks: 12 ways to get the most out of your Netflix subscription How much is Netflix? A breakdown of the monthly prices and offerings for every subscription plan
- Here’s how to recharge your Reliance Jio on WhatsApp
- India may classify Bitcoin as an asset class, but that may not solve the underlying problem
- Facebook rolls out new chat themes and payment options in Messenger app for US users
- Dodla Dairy's ₹520 crore IPO isn't to expand into new markets but to strengthen its foothold where it already exists
- Sun TV Network's advertising revenue shrinks, but profit jumps 11% on subscriptions