How to enable long videos on your YouTube account to post videos that exceed the 15-minute limit
- You can enable long videos on
YouTubeby verifying your Google Accountto upload videos longer than 15 minutes.
- By default, YouTube limits you to uploading and publishing videos that are under 15 minutes in length.
- On a desktop, you can go directly to Google's account verification page, but on your iPhone or Android device
By default, you can upload videos to YouTube that are up to 15 minutes in length. But that's not the end of the story — if you verify your Google Account, you can upload and publish videos that are up to 12 hours in length (and no more than 128 GB in size). Here's how to do that.
How to enable long videos on YouTube using a browser on your desktop
1. In a web browser, go to YouTube's verification page, and login.
2. Follow the instructions to verify your account. You'll need to get a verification code using your mobile phone with either a text message or an automated voice call.
3. After verifying your account, you should be able to upload long videos in excess of 15 minutes.
How to enable long videos on YouTube using the mobile app
The process for verifying your account is essentially the same on both iPhone and Android.
1. Open the
2. Tap the plus sign at the bottom of the screen and then tap "Upload a video" from the pop-up window.
3. Choose a video that's more than 15 minutes long.
4. If this is your first video, you'll need to create a channel for your video.
5. Enter your video's title and other details. Tap "Next."
6. On the Select Audience page, answer the questions about whether it's intended for kids and then tap "Upload." If nothing happens, tap the back button at the top left.
7. Follow the instructions to verify your Google Account. You'll need to get a verification code using your mobile phone or using an automated voice call.
After verifying, you should be able to complete the upload and publish longer videos to YouTube.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- No crypto ban in India — SEBI will reportedly be pulled in to regulate the sector
- I tried a calendar that's meant to boost productivity by mapping out the number of weeks you have left to live — here's how it went
- I wore the same outfit for a week, as part of a productivity hack promoted by Steve Jobs — but it didn't really work. After speaking to psychologists, I'm not surprised.
- 44 key areas, a national framework, and a multi-institutional approach — Here's what you need to know about India's new National Blockchain Strategy
- Samsung launches Galaxy A03 Core with 6.5-inch display, 5,000 mAh battery, starting at ₹7,999
- Nifty 50 goes below 17,000-mark on rising Omicron cases, fear of lockdown
- Indian government is reportedly looking to regularise work from home with a comprehensive framework
- Companies raised ₹52,759 crore from IPOs till October this fiscal, says Nirmala Sitharaman