How to forward email from a Yahoo Mail account to Gmail or other email services
- You can automatically forward
Yahoo Mailaccount to a Gmailaccount or any other email service.
- Automatic forwarding can help you consolidate email in one account or temporarily send mail to someone else, such as if you're going on vacation.
- Email forwarding is found in your Yahoo Mail account's Settings menu.
You can easily set up automatic email forwarding in Yahoo Mail, which lets you send a copy of incoming messages to Gmail or any other type of email service.
Automatic email forwarding can come in handy if you are trying to consolidate all your email to a single account, or if you want to delegate your messages to another person and need to automatically forward all new messages there.
The step-by-step instructions below are for forwarding Yahoo Mail to Gmail, but is widely applicable to any email service.
How to forward Yahoo mail to Gmail
1. Open Yahoo Mail in a browser window and click the Gear icon at the top right of the page, under the Home icon. If the browser window is wide enough, the gear will be labeled "Settings."
2. Click "More Settings."
3. In the pane on the left, click "Mailboxes."
4. Under "Mailbox list," click the Yahoo email account that you want to forward.
5. In the Forwarding section, enter the email address where you'd like your Yahoo email to be sent, and then click "Verify."
6. Go to the account where you're forwarding your mail. You should see a new email from Yahoo asking you to confirm that you want to forward your email there. This prevents anyone from maliciously or accidentally forwarding email to an account that doesn't want the messages. Confirm that you want to forward the email. Your Yahoo Mail is now automatically forwarding to Gmail.
You can cancel email forwarding by returning to this same Yahoo Mail menu and clicking "Remove."
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma gets nearly half of new shares as Paytm doubles its ESOP pool ahead of IPO
- Reliance Jio powers ahead of its competitors as India’s broadband connections go past 800 million
- Ministry of Women and Child Development and Akshara Centre launch a new ad that urges the audience to report child marriages at 1098
- Amazon enters the content distribution space in India, will allow customers to subscribe to more video streaming platforms
- Brace for higher LPG, petrol and diesel prices as crude oil prices rise to a 3-year high