How to get a full or partial refund from Airbnb, or issue one as a host
- You can get a complete or partial
refundas an Airbnbguest, or issue one as an Airbnb host.
- Before you request a refund from your Airbnb host, be sure to review the host's cancellation policy.
- Any refund issues between a host and guest that can't be resolved within 72 hours can be submitted to Airbnb's Resolution Center for mediation.
In a perfect world, there would never be a need for an Airbnb host to issue their guests a refund.
But in the real world, plans change all the time, for all sorts of reasons, and sometimes those pristine pictures posted on a website aren't the most accurate representation of a property.
In other words,
To make things as easy as possible on yourself, don't book a stay until your dates are locked and you have thoroughly vetted the property. If you realize the rental won't work, cancel it ASAP.
How to get a refund on Airbnb
To request a refund outside the grace period, which is usually 14 days before your rental period begins, the first step is to message the host. This creates a log that Airbnb employees can reference later if you can't work things out peer-to-peer.
1. If you can't work things out with your host, go to the Airbnb Resolution Center.
2. First, click on the "Request Money" button.
3. Then click on the reservation in question.
4. You can now click on the "View Details" button and then click to request a refund.
If you encounter any issues with the online system, you can call Airbnb at 1-855-424-7262 for further assistance.
How to send a refund on Airbnb
If you are a host and a guest has requested a refund prior to their stay, go to the Your Reservations page and select the rental in question. Then simply click "Issue Refund" and confirm the action.
For guests requesting refunds during or after a stay as a result of some issue, you should first discuss the amount to be returned, and you will then need to use the Resolution Center. Once there, click on the reservation in question and then, under "Select a Reason" you can click "Offer Partial Reimbursement."
Enter the amount agreed upon, the currency, and a message and submit the refund. Once the guest accepts the refund, it will be processed within 48 hours.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- A Google employee of 11 years says he and his wife stared at each other in 'disbelief' when they realized they'd both been laid off by the company
- A Google engineer of 8 years says his 'spidey-senses' detected incoming layoffs — and felt 'isolated' when his 'faceless' severance email arrived
- 6 signs that you're in a one-sided relationship and how to find balance
- Google may release Pixel Tablet Pro with Tensor G2 chip
- BMW launches its 3rd gen BMW X1 in India
- YouTube Music on the web gets mood filters
- Premium segment contributed 35% of overall smartphone market revenue in 2022
- US industry urges FM to rationalise, simplify direct and indirect taxes in India