How to get a full or partial refund from Airbnb, or issue one as a host
- You can get a complete or partial
refundas an Airbnbguest, or issue one as an Airbnb host.
- Before you request a refund from your Airbnb host, be sure to review the host's cancellation policy.
- Any refund issues between a host and guest that can't be resolved within 72 hours can be submitted to Airbnb's Resolution Center for mediation.
In a perfect world, there would never be a need for an Airbnb host to issue their guests a refund.
But in the real world, plans change all the time, for all sorts of reasons, and sometimes those pristine pictures posted on a website aren't the most accurate representation of a property.
In other words,
To make things as easy as possible on yourself, don't book a stay until your dates are locked and you have thoroughly vetted the property. If you realize the rental won't work, cancel it ASAP.
How to get a refund on Airbnb
To request a refund outside the grace period, which is usually 14 days before your rental period begins, the first step is to message the host. This creates a log that Airbnb employees can reference later if you can't work things out peer-to-peer.
1. If you can't work things out with your host, go to the Airbnb Resolution Center.
2. First, click on the "Request Money" button.
3. Then click on the reservation in question.
4. You can now click on the "View Details" button and then click to request a refund.
If you encounter any issues with the online system, you can call Airbnb at 1-855-424-7262 for further assistance.
How to send a refund on Airbnb
If you are a host and a guest has requested a refund prior to their stay, go to the Your Reservations page and select the rental in question. Then simply click "Issue Refund" and confirm the action.
For guests requesting refunds during or after a stay as a result of some issue, you should first discuss the amount to be returned, and you will then need to use the Resolution Center. Once there, click on the reservation in question and then, under "Select a Reason" you can click "Offer Partial Reimbursement."
Enter the amount agreed upon, the currency, and a message and submit the refund. Once the guest accepts the refund, it will be processed within 48 hours.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- JPMorgan's Jamie Dimon says he isn't afraid of China, but would leave if the US government told him to
- Charlie Munger once said he and Warren Buffett weren't interested in emulating Elon Musk: 'We don't want that much failure'
- Instagram's crisis highlights the bigger issues the entire ad industry is facing
- From Tata Punch EV to Lamborghini Revuelto, cars set to launch in India in December
- Climate Finance Top of the Agenda at The Second Edition of R.A.C.E. Sustainability Summit Held on the Opening Day of COP28 in the UAE
- Tesla launches Cybertruck at $60,990, delivers to 1st batch of customers
- GDP reading, exit polls push Nifty to record high; Sensex jumps over 400 points
- Plan your year-end – Banks shut for nine days all over India in December