How to host another channel on Twitch, either manually or automatically
- To host another channel on
Twitch, you'll need to type a special message in your own chatroom.
- When you host another channel, people who visit your channel while you're offline will see that other channel's stream instead.
- You can also set up Twitch's "auto host" feature, which will begin
hostingchannels for you without needing to be manually activated.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to host on TwitchThere are two ways to host channels on Twitch: manually, and automatically.
1. After logging into your Twitch account, click on your profile picture in the upper-right corner of the screen.2. Click on "Channel" in the drop-down menu. 3. Once you're on your Twitch channel, there will be a chat section on the right side of the screen. Click on the field that says "Send a message."
4. Type, without quotation marks, "/host USERNAME" — except, instead of USERNAME, type the username of the channel you want to host. For example, my sister's username is the_beccanator, so if I wanted to host her channel, I would type:
Once you've written the command correctly, send your message.
5. When you want to stop hosting another Twitch user's channel, type "/unhost" into the chat field, without quotation marks.
Keep in mind that you can only make three host commands per hour. So if you start hosting a channel, then unhost that channel and start hosting another within the same hour, you'll have to wait until the hour is up to put in any more host commands.
1. Once again, open Twitch and log in, and then click your profile picture in the top-right corner.2. In the menu that opens, click "Settings."
3. At the top of your settings page, click the "Channel and Videos" option.4. Scroll far down the page until you reach the "Auto Hosting" section. Here, click the "Auto host channels" toggle so it flips to the right.
5. Once you've turned on auto hosting, click the "Host list" option at the bottom.
6. This will bring you to a page where you can add channels to your auto host list. Search for the channels you want, and then click "Add" when they appear. There's no limit to how many channels you can put on this list.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- Cannes Lions 2021: India brings home a Gold, four Silver Lions and three Bronze Lions on Day 2
- E-commerce management platform CommerceIQ raises $60 million, looks to launch India operations by 2022
- Best power banks under ₹ 1000 to buy in India for 2021
- Best business laptops in India for 2021
- India is reportedly mulling over a new crypto tax which could make trading on foreign exchanges more expensive