How to log into Instagram from a mobile device or computer, or troubleshoot if you can't log in
- You can log into your
- If you lose or forget your password, you can request a password reset on the
- If you want to log into Instagram using Facebook, you can connect the two accounts using the Settings menu on the mobile app.
If you have an Instagram account, you can log into it from any device - your phone, tablet or a browser on your computer. All you need are your login credentials, such as your Instagram username or the phone number or email address associated with the account, along with your password. It's also possible to log in via Facebook, if you've connected the accounts. Here's what you need to log in on any device.
How to log into Instagram on a mobile device
Logging into your Instagram account on a smartphone or tablet is the same regardless of whether you are using the Instagram app on an iOS or Android device. In general, Instagram allows you to log in using your Instagram username or the phone number or email address associated with the account - so enter any one of those three items. After that, enter your password and tap Log In.
How to log into Instagram on a computer
It doesn't matter whether you're logging into Instagram on a Mac or PC - the process is the same. Open Instagram.com in a web browser and then enter your Instagram username or the phone number or email address associated with the account. After that, enter your password and tap Log In.
How to log into Instagram using Facebook
If you link your Instagram account with Facebook, not only can you easily share your Instagram posts on Facebook, but you can use your Facebook credentials as an easy way to log into Instagram as well.
To link your Facebook and Instagram accounts, open the Instagram app on your mobile device, tap the three-bar menu and tap Settings. In the Account section, go to Sharing to Other Apps and connect Instagram to your Facebook account.
After you connect these two accounts, you can log into Instagram using Facebook - on the login page, you can click Log in with Facebook.
What to do if you can't log into Instagram
If you've lost or forgotten the password, you may need to reset it. The process is essentially the same no matter if you have an iPhone, Android device or you're using a web browser on a computer:
1. On the login screen, under the username and password fields, tap Get help logging in (if you're using an Android phone) or Forgot password? (on iOS or a browser).
2. Enter your email address, phone number or username and tap Next (if you are using Android) or Send Login Link (in a web browser). If you're on an iPhone, choose which tab you want to use - Username or Phone - and enter the credential associated with your account, then tap Next.
3. You'll get a message with instructions to reset your password.
It's also possible you might not remember the username or other information associated with your account, or you might be entering it wrong. Here are some things to try:
- Make sure you are spelling the username or email address correctly.
- Don't include an @ symbol when entering a username.
- Ask someone else who can see your profile page to take a screenshot or write down the username for you.
- Best gaming mouse for battle royale games in India
- Best tablets for professional use in India
- Ethereum may offer the best returns, but investors have been pulling away over the last two weeks
- Google starts starts testing new safety section for apps, feature to go live in February 2022
- Horlicks and Boost maker HUL sees slowdown in food segment in the last three months