How to make a conference call on your iPhone with up to 5 participants
- You can place a
conference callon your iPhonewith up to five total participants.
- To start a conference call, use the add call button to dial a new participant and tap merge calls.
- You can drop individual participants by tapping the blue 'i' at the top of the screen.
You might not realize it, but your iPhone is capable of making conference calls with up to five participants at once, including you.
You can even break off into private calls with individual participants, or end the call for only certain participants.
Here's everything you need to know about conference calling on iPhone.
How to start a conference call on your iPhone
1. Open the Phone app and place a call to your first participant in the usual way.
2. After the call connects, tell your participant that they'll be briefly placed on hold while you dial in the next person.
3. Tap add call underneath the plus sign "+" icon.
4. Call the next person any way you like. You can select someone from your list of contacts or tap any of the icons at the bottom of the screen - Favorites, Recent, Contacts, or Keypad to place the call.
5. After this next participant answers, tap merge calls to combine them into a single conversation.
6. If you want to add more people to the call, you can repeat the process: tap add call, place the call, and merge the call. You can add up to five participants, depending on your carrier's limitations.
Note: If you don't see an "add call" button on your iPhone, place the first caller on hold and then use the keypad to call the next participant. Tap merge calls to join them.
You can also add someone who calls you to a conference call in progress. When the call comes in, tap Hold & Accept, and then tap merge calls.
How to manage your conference call on iPhone
Once your conference call is in progress, you can go "private" with a specific participant, as well as hang up on callers one at a time.
To do that, tap the blue "i" icon at the top-right of the screen. You'll see a list of all the participants on the call with buttons to end the call or speak to them privately.
The person who started the conference call is the only one who can see the list of all callers. If you didn't start the call but added a participant, then you can see a list of only the people you've added.How to conference call on an Android phone by merging different calls How to set up a Skype conference call between Skype users for free, or between non-users for a fee How to place a conference call on your Samsung Galaxy S10, and add up to five people to a call What is Wi-Fi calling? Everything you need to know about making calls using Wi-Fi instead of a cellular connection
- Air Canada, Emirates, Air India and other airlines resume flights to Toronto and the tickets are priced up to ₹5 lakh
- I flew on a $65 million Gulfstream G650ER private jet and saw why it's a favorite of tech billionaires like Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos
- Srei Group may leave a $4 billion hole in some of India’s biggest banks
- Best glass feeding bottle for newborn babies in India
- Best toddler bags for kids in India
- Best smartwatch under ₹15000 in India
- Compensation of ₹50,000 to kin of those who died of COVID-19, recommends Indian government
- SpaceX CEO Elon Musk reveals 'challenges' with toilet during Inspiration4 mission, promises upgrades in future