How to make a FaceTime audio call on your Apple Watch using Siri or the Phone app
- You can use
FaceTimeon your Apple Watchto make and receive audio calls.
- Apple Watches don't allow FaceTime video calls because they don't have a built-in camera.
- You can place an
AppleWatch FaceTime call using Siri or your watch's Phone app.
Apple devices like the iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Mac, and Apple Watch have FaceTime capability built in. However, on an Apple Watch, you can only place FaceTime Audio calls. That's because Apple Watches do not have a built-in camera.
And using FaceTime Audio over Wi-Fi rather than your cellular network can improve the audio quality of your calls. It may, however, use data if you are not connected to Wi-Fi.
If you'd like to make a FaceTime audio call on your Apple Watch, it's easy to do so using Siri or your watch's Phone app.
Use Apple Watch FaceTime with Siri
1. While pressing down on the Apple Watch's digital crown, say "Hey Siri." You can also tap the Siri widget if you have it activated on your Apple Watch.
2. Say "FaceTime [your contact's name here]."
3. Siri will then initiate a FaceTime audio call to the contact you named.
Try Apple Watch FaceTime with the Phone app
1. Open the Phone app on your watch and go to your contact list.
2. Find the contact you want to call and tap on their name.
3. Then, on the person's contact page, tap the phone icon.
4. On the next page, select FaceTime Audio.
5. Your watch will then begin calling the selected contact.
Quick tip: You can also use your Apple Watch's built-in Walkie Talkie app to send and receive audio messages in real time, similar to a real walkie talkie.How to make a FaceTime call on your iPad How to do a group FaceTime video or voice call on an iPhone, iPad, or Mac Can you screen record on FaceTime? Yes, but you can only record video without audio - here's how How to change your Apple Watch's face from your iPhone, and customize its color, style, and layout
- WhatsApp introduces the “Message Yourself” feature, working on voice status updates and more
- Live your life American Express’ Platinum way: Exceptional privileges, rewards and experiences
- I'm a 56-year-old IT worker who got laid off last year and have been unemployed ever since. I have a hunch I'm not finding work due to ageism. How do I prove it?
- Sensex, Nifty50 rewrite all-time highs yet again – RIL, HDFC twins most active, ICICI Bank touches new 52-week high
- Bollywood films failing is a phase, our films will bounce back strongly: Kajol
- Core sector output growth slows to 0.1% as 4 sectors report negative growth rate
- Reliance Capital Committee of Creditor rejects all bids, considering liquidation
- Twitter financial community getting younger, smarter about investments; desire for life change a spur: Birdseye report