How to mark an Airbnb reservation as a business trip so you can expense your receipts
- You can mark an
Airbnbreservation as a business tripusing the Airbnb for Work program.
- The Airbnb for Work program lets businesses and employees set up and organize business trips.
- To join Airbnb for Work, click on an invite link sent by your company or visit Airbnb's business
The Airbnb for Work program helps businesses and individual employees set up and organize work trips. You can link your business email address to your personal Airbnb account and seamlessly book both business and leisure stays.
Marking an Airbnb stay as a business trip can later help you expense it, so you won't have to pay for the entire trip.
You can join Airbnb for Work by using a link sent by your company, or by visiting Airbnb's business travel page.
Here's how to book a business trip on Airbnb, or change an existing reservation to a business trip.
How to mark an Airbnb reservation as a business trip
Firstly, you'll need to join Airbnb for Work. If your company does this often, they'll likely send you a link; but if you don't have a link, you can use Airbnb's website to set up your account.
Important: Note that you'll need to already have an Airbnb account to use Airbnb for Work. You can create an Airbnb account by visiting the general website, clicking the icon in the top-right that looks like a person's head, and clicking "Sign up."
1. Go to Airbnb's business travel page and log into your account, if you haven't already.
2. Enter your work email address to add it to your Airbnb account. Then click "Add email."
3. You'll now be able to set up a business trip. Click "Browse homes" to look for places to stay via Airbnb for Work.
4. During checkout, click the slider next to "Is this a work trip?" A checkmark will appear.
Quick tip: Airbnb will send an expensable receipt to your work email for stays marked as business trips.
How to change a reservation to a business trip after booking
Whether you've already booked a trip and forgot to identify it as a work trip, or you've accidentally marked a leisure trip as a business trip, you can easily update your reservation.
If you've accidentally booked a leisure trip using a company credit card, Airbnb recommends canceling your reservation as soon as possible to avoid causing any confusion at work.
1. Go to airbnb.com and log into the account you used to make the trip you want to change.
2. Click your profile icon on the top-right of the screen.
3. Select the "Trips" option.
4. Scroll to find the reservation details of your upcoming trip, then select or unselect the box next to "This is a business trip."
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- World Cup 2023 final squads – Ind, Aus, Eng and all the other teams
- Eating your way to clear vision: 10 foods for healthy eyes
- 10 cafes in Bangalore offering the best of ambiance and cuisine
- Centre's fiscal deficit at Aug-end touches 36% of full-year target: CGA
- Domestic occupiers keep office space demand high in 2023