How to properly clean your Apple Watch band, as well as your Digital Crown and Watch face
- You can clean your
Apple Watchband, face, and Digital Crown to ensure the longevity of your device.
- Cleaning your
AppleWatch band can also enhance comfort and reduce the chance of skin irritation.
- Use a non-abrasive, lint-free cloth to clean and dry your Apple Watch.
Regularly cleaning your Apple Watch, particularly after it's been exposed to sweat, soap, and sunscreen - along with pretty much any liquid that isn't water - is important for both your comfort (a clean band reduces chances of skin irritation) and the long-term life of your device.
Here's how to clean and dry your Apple Watch band, your Apple Watch, and your Apple Watch Digital Crown.
How to clean your Apple Watch band
1. Remove the band from your Apple Watch. If you're using a third-party band (non-Apple branded), follow the care instructions provided with that particular band.
2. For leather and fabric bands, wipe the leather portions with a non-abrasive, lint-free cloth. You can lightly dampen the cloth with fresh water if needed to remove oily or sticky substances. Do not soak in water.
3. Allow the leather or fabric band to fully air dry before reattaching it to your Apple Watch. While drying, do not store these bands in direct sunlight or in areas with high temperature or humidity.
4. For bands that are not leather or fabric - such as
5. Dry the band before reattaching to your watch.
How to clean your Apple Watch face
Unlike with your Apple Watch band, Apple does not recommend using any soaps, cleaning products, abrasive materials, or external air and heat sources to clean your Apple Watch itself, as these items can damage your device.
1. Turn off your Apple Watch by pressing and holding the side button, and remove it from its charger if connected.
3. Wipe your Apple Watch with a non-abrasive, lint-free cloth to clean it. You can lightly dampen the cloth with fresh water if needed to remove oily or sticky substances.
4. You can also hold the watch under a lightly running tap of warm water for 10 to 15 seconds, but do not use any soap or other cleaning products.
5. Dry your Apple Watch with your soft, lint-free cloth, making sure you also dry off the back crystal of the device.
How to clean the Apple Watch's Digital Crown
If the Digital Crown on the side of your Apple Watch gets stuck or won't move, check around the Crown for debris and wipe down your device.
If you find things like dust or lotion, here's how you can clean the Digital Crown:
1. Turn off your Apple Watch and disconnect it from its charger if connected.
2. If you're using a band that isn't water-resistant (such as a stainless steel or leather band), remove it from your device.
3. Hold the Digital Crown under a lightly running tap of warm fresh water for 10 to 15 seconds. Do not use any soap or other cleaning products.
4. Turn and press the Digital Crown as the water runs past the gap between the crown and the rest of the watch.
5. Dry your watch thoroughly using a soft, lint-free cloth.
- Digvijaya and Kamal Nath are now history, says Ashwini Vaishnaw as BJP attains victory in MP
- Ranbir Kapoor, Bobby Deol's 'Animal' enters ₹100 crore club in 2 days
- Another Reddy rises in Telangana as KCR’s party routed in the state
- Voters of Telangana wanted a change, says Karnataka Dy CM Shivakumar
- Ladli Behna scheme a game-changer, credit to Shivraj Chouhan: Jyotiraditya Scindia as BJP sweeps MP