How to record a Google Meet video call to rewatch or share the meeting later
- To record a
Google Meetvideo call, you must have a
- You can only record a Google Meet video call using a computer.
- Meeting organizers can share a link to the
recordingafter the meeting is over.
The ability to record Google Meet video calls is a helpful feature for both businesses and educators. If a coworker couldn't make a meeting or needs to revisit a point of discussion to take notes, or if a student misses class, they can revisit the recording after the fact.
It's important to note that this particular feature is limited to specific editions of Google Workspace, which is highlighted in this Google Help article. In short, if you have a standard, run-of-the-mill free Google account that isn't associated with an organization, you'll need to sign up for a Google Workspace Individual Plan to record meetings.
In this article, we go over how to record a video on Google Meet and share the recording.
How to record a video on Google Meet
1. Start or join a meeting.
Quick tip: You can only record using Google Meet on a computer. If you're joining the call on the Google Meet app, you'll be notified when a recording starts or stops but you cannot control the recording.
2. Click the Activities icon on the bottom-right of the screen, then Recording.
3. When you're ready to record your meeting, click Start recording.
4. In the pop-up window, click Start.
5. When you're finished recording your meeting, click the Activities icon, then Recording, then Stop recording. In the pop-up window, click Stop recording.
How to share a recorded Google Meet from Google Drive
1. Select the file in Google Drive, then click the Share icon at the top-right of the screen.
2. Enter the names or email addresses of the people you want to share the Google Meet recording with, then click Send.
3. Alternatively, select the file in Google Drive, then click the Link icon at the top-right of the screen.
4. Copy the link and paste it into an email, chat, or text message.
How to share a recorded Google Meet from email link
1. Open the email and click the link.
2. Click the More icon, then Share.
3. Enter the names or email addresses of the people you want to share the Google Meet recording with, then click Done.
Quick tip: Google Meet sends an email with the recording link to the meeting organizer and whoever started the recording (if they aren't the same person).
- I asked Microsoft's 'new Bing' to write me a cover letter for a job. It refused, saying this would be 'unethical' and 'unfair to other applicants.'
- Microsoft's ChatGPT-powered Bing browser now available publicly
- Don't be in a hurry to prepay but plan EMIs better, say experts as home loan burden set to rise
- Startup working to bring MSMEs into metaverse secures funds on Shark Tank India
- Disney profits shine but still lays off 7,000 employees to cut $5.5 billion in costs
- These startups on Shark Tank India are run by couples who are partners in life & business
- Xiaomi 13 Pro with Leica-powered camera to launch in India on February 26 — here’s how its camera was made
- Boney Kapoor announces biography on late wife, legendary actress Sridevi