How to record a Google Meet video call in 5 steps, to rewatch or share the meeting later
- You can record a
Google Meetvideo call to rewatch or share the meeting with others later.
recordingfeature is usually only available for G-Suite Enterprise members, but is currently free for all G-Suite members until September 30, 2020.
- You can only record a
- Once you're finished, the Google Meet recording will be saved to the organizer's Google Drive.
View all Offers
- 35% OFF
Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury Wired Gaming Mouse, 4,000 DPI, Lightweight, 8 Programmable Buttons, Compatible with PC/Mac - Black₹ 2195₹ 2195Buy On
- 18% OFF
HP Pavilion 15 11th Gen Intel Core i5-8GB RAM/512GB SSD 15.6 inch(39.6 cm)Laptop, FHD Anti-Glare Display/Iris Xe Graphics/Backlit KB/B&O Audio/Windows 11/ 1.75kg, 15-eg1000TU₹ 66525₹ 66525Buy On
- 37% OFF
Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus (2nd Gen) (10.3 inch/26.6 cm, 4 GB, 128 GB, Wi-Fi Only), Platinum Grey with Active Pen₹ 20999₹ 20999Buy On
- 44% OFF
Lenovo Yoga Smart Tablet with The Google Assistant 25.65 cm (10.1 inch, 4GB, 64GB, WiFi + 4G LTE), Iron Grey₹ 19999₹ 19999Buy On
- 19% OFF
Acer Predator X35 1800R Curved 35 Inch UltraWide QHD Gaming Monitor I G-SYNC Ultimate I Quantum Dot I 200Hz I VESA Display HDR 1000 I Adjustable Stand I Display Port, HDMI Port & USB 3.0 HUB₹ 184499₹ 184499Buy On
The ability to record Google Meet calls has many advantages. For example, a meeting recording can be shared later for use in training, to rehash the details of a project, or to take notes on what was discussed.
But not everyone can record a Google Meet call. Google Meet recordings can only be made by people within the same organization, by a meeting's organizer, or by a teacher using Google Meet as a classroom.
Additonally, recording is usually restricted to G-Suite Enterprise members. However, Google has recently made this feature available to everyone until September 30, 2020.
With that said, here's how to record a Google Meet video call using any browser on your Mac or PC.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to record a Google Meet
1. Start or join a meeting, then click the three dots at the bottom right corner.
2. Click "Record meeting" at the top of the pop-up.
3. Click "Accept" on the "Ask for consent" pop-up. The recording will begin.
4. To stop recording, click the three dots again.
5. Click "Stop recording" on the menu then confirm with "Stop recording" on the popup.
To find the recorded Google Meet, go to the meeting organizer's Google Drive and look for the "Meet Recordings" folder.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- Microsoft's Activision Blizzard acquisition will boost its Metaverse plans
- Sony shares slump after Microsoft plans to buy largest game company
- NCLAT approves resolution plan for Odisha Slurry Pipeline Infra
- Netflix continues to bet big on Korean content, announces its biggest lineup ever of more than 25 shows
- Parle Products launches a series of ads for Hide & Seek to establish the brand's identity as an enabler of first-time conversations