How to search Covid-19 testing centres in India using Google's new tool
- Google has added a new tool that will help users to find Covid-19 testing centres near them in India.
- The feature has been integrated with Search, Maps and Assistant.
- At present, 700 testing centres from over 300 cities have been added to the tool.
In its post, Google has said that it has partnered with the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) and citizen engagement platform MyGov. It is currently available in English, Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam, Kannada, Bengali, Gujarati, and Marathi.
“So far, we have integrated over 700 testing labs on Search, Assistant, and Maps spanning more than 300 cities, and we continue to work with ICMR as we surface more labs across the country. We hope these new experiences play a part in helping people as well as healthcare workers as we collectively work toward overcoming this pandemic,” said Google.
AdvertisementHow does the Google Covid-19 testing centre tool work?
Google’s Covid-19 testing tool provides a list of Covid-19 testing labs near the user along with the information and guidance needed to get tested. This includes the following government-issued guidelines such as:
- Calling the national or state Covid-19 helpline before going to get tested.
- Testing restrictions such as limits on the number of tests.
- Information whether the testing lab is government-operated or private.
- Whether a doctor’s prescription is required to get tested at the lab.
- To find the nearest Covid-19 testing centre, all you need to do is search ‘Covid-19 testing’ or ‘Coronavirus testing’ or similar terms in Google Search, Assistant or Map.
- One of the results show up, click on the ‘Testing’ tab.
- Click on the nearest lab to view more information about the lab.
Lockdown 4.0 tops Google’s search trends as people look for containment zones and ways to survive the coronavirus pandemic
What are the Coronavirus symptoms and how to check for them at home
Airtel launches Coronavirus risk assessment tool, here’s how to use it
- PM Narendra Modi stresses that lockdown will be the last option, says centre and states are working on oxygen supply
- Desperately need supply of oxygen to save lives, appeals Delhi's Ganga Ram Hospital
- 4.6 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine were wasted in India — enough to vaccinate half of Bangalore
- Facebook to start pilot runs for its digital currency ‘Diem’ this year, says report
- SaaS startup Chargebee is the 11th unicorn of 2021 and the sixth for Tiger Global this year alone