How to set up a Skype conference call between Skype users for free, or between non-users for a fee
- You can easily set up a
Skypeconference call and connect with people who are spread out across town, around the country, or even all over the globe.
- Conference calls shared only between Skype users are free, but if some users are not on Skype, rates will vary depending on where in the world they are located.
- Skype allows you to save a group for easy conference calls again later, which is a great feature for weekly or monthly meetings.
With about one minute of set-up time, you can put together a Skype conference call that will link together dozens of people in one easy, approachable format.
Skype group calls can be audio, video, or a mix of both, depending on the devices used. Skype conference calls can also be between Skype users only, or a mix of Skype users and people using a cell phone or landline, however there are fees associated.The process of setting up Skype group calls varies slightly depending on whether or not the group is purely made up of Skype users, so let's look at both procedures, with Skype only users first.
How to set up a Skype conference call with only Skype users on PC1. Launch Skype on your
2. An empty window will appear. Click and drag the contacts you wish to be in the group call into the window.3. Now click the "Call group" button to initiate the call.
How to set up a Skype conference call with not only Skype users on PC
1. First, follow the steps above adding all callers who are on Skype. (If there are none, the initial process is still the same.)2. Click the plus "+" icon beside the "Call group" button and type in the phone numbers to be called. 3. Click "Call group" and let the conference call begin.
Don't forget to name and save your group if you need to use it again later.
How to set up a Skype conference call on Mac
1. Launch Skype on your
3. Name your group and add a photo, if you'd like, in the pop-up window. Click the blue arrow icon at the bottom right corner of the window.
4. Search for users that you'd like to add to your group call by typing their name into the blue search bar at the tap and then checking the circle next to their name in the search results.
- If you have Skype credit, you can also search for a person's phone number in the search bar and then add them to the call.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- Popular Devotional singer Narendra Chanchal passes away at 80
- Indian School of Business ranked 1st in India, 44th globally as per MBA Ranking 2021 by The Economist
- 25 kg gold jewellery and ₹96,000 cash stolen at gunpoint from Muthoot Finance branch in Tamil Nadu
- Rajasthan: Budget session from February 10
- IPL players auction to be held on February 18, says BCCI official