How to set up Face ID on your iPhone to increase the security of your device and data
- You can set up
Face IDon an iPhonein just a few seconds in the "Face ID & Passcode" section of your phone's Settings app.
- Face ID is a biometric security feature that uses your face as a substitute for entering a password or passcode.
- To set up Face ID, you need to let the iPhone scan your face twice. You'll move your head in a small, gentle circle so the camera can see different aspects of the sides, top, and bottom of your face.
Many recent iPhone models, starting with the iPhone X, can use their front camera as a biometric security device. With Face ID, you can sign into your iPhone and authorize purchases just by looking at your phone. And it takes just a few moments to set up.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to set up Face ID on an iPhone
1. Start the Settings app and then tap "Face ID & Passcode." You might need to enter your passcode.
2. Tap "Set Up Face ID." (If you've set up Face ID before, tap "Reset Face ID."
3. Hold your phone in portrait, or vertical, orientation and tap "Get Started."
4. Make sure your face is positioned inside the circular frame and move your head in a small circle so the camera can see the sides of your face all around.
5. When the iPhone has scanned your face sufficiently, it will want to scan your face again. Tap "Continue" and follow the directions to scan your face a second time.
6. Tap "Done."
That's it – Face ID is now set up. You can control exactly how Face ID works by returning at any time to the "Face ID & Passcode" page in Settings. Here, you can choose to use Face ID to unlock your phone, to make purchases in the App Store, to use Apple Pay, and more.
It's also a good idea to make sure that "Requires Attention for Face ID" is turned on. This makes sure that your face can't be faked with something like a photograph.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- Female African elephants evolved toward being tuskless over just a few decades as poachers sought ivory
- Manchester United owners are getting drawn to the world's biggest cricket league – here's why
- Federal Bank is offering internships for fresh graduates — Check out stipend, incentives and other details
- Best smartphones with 90Hz display under ₹20,000 in India
- Best 2.1 channel soundbars in India
- Best high speed monochrome printers in India
- Best multi-pin charging cables in India
- India vs Pakistan at T20 World Cup — Where to watch the match