How to sign up for Uber Eats as a delivery driver using the website
- When you sign up for
Uber Eatsas a delivery driver, there is a multi-step process that includes submitting to a background check.
- You may also be asked to upload your license and vehicle registration, if you're driving a car or scooter when you apply to be an
- You have to be at least 18 to deliver for Uber Eats, regardless of the delivery transportation method you choose.
Nowadays, many more people are looking for a side-hustle to make some extra money, and one of the most popular jobs is driving for food
Uber Eats is a go-to option, not just because couriers are in higher demand with more people working and staying at home. Uber Eats delivery driving lets you set your hours and get paid instantly. As a bonus, the sign-up process is relatively easy and straightforward.
You don't have to go in for multiple interviews or submit a resume and cover letter. All you need to do is consent to a security screening, provide the required documents, upload a photo, and wait to be confirmed. It takes about three to four days for your background check to go through, and as soon as you're approved, you can sign in to the app and start picking up orders.
Sign-up requirements differ depending on how you're planning to do your delivery. Cyclists will need to be at least 18 and have a valid government-issued ID. If you're driving a scooter, you need to be at least 19, and — like those signing up to deliver with their car — you have to have a valid drivers' license for that class of vehicle. The age required to drive a car for Uber Eats varies from city to city and specific requirements about the age and make of your car, which you can find on Uber's website.
You can fill out the required documentation in any order you like, but Uber recommends that you do them in the order they have them set. The registration process may include different steps depending on what site and computer you're using, and whether you've already got a rider account with Uber.
But if you're thinking about signing up to be an Uber Eats delivery courier, here's how you'll likely do it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to sign up for Uber Eats on the website
1. If you don't already have an account, go to Uber Eats' website and fill in the required information in the static "Sign up now" form.
2. If you already have an Uber account, go to the Uber Eats log in page.
3. Enter which city you want to drive in and an invite code if you have one on the sign-up form.
4. Once submitted, Uber will list the delivery transportation methods available in your area. These may include using scooters, bicycles, cars, and walking. Review the listed sign-up requirements for each.
5. Select the method that is best for you.
6. A checklist of requirements will appear based on which delivery method you choose. Click on each checklist item to review it.
7. Upload any supporting documents or fill out any required online forms, including photo IDs and licenses, vehicle registrations, and background checks.
8. When you fill out your background check, you will likely be prompted to enter your social security number. Only do so if you're sure you're on the secure Uber Eats site.
9. Read and agree to the terms, then hit submit.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- A massive study from Israel suggests older adults were far less likely to develop severe COVID-19 after a booster shot, but the finding carries major limitations
- Everything you need to know about iOS 15: Release date, new features, supported devices
- Watch SpaceX launch 4 space tourists into Earth's orbit
- Ajay Devgn performs his iconic stunt for Mahindra FURIO 7 range
- Sensex tops 59,000 mark, Telecom stocks soar
- Investors' interest in Indian SaaS continues as Bidgely bags $26 million from US-based firms
- After selling their previous startup to Quikr, Zefo founders are building an OYO for hospitals
- Disha Patani to be the face of mobile accessories brand Ambrane