How to stop Google from tracking your iPhone's location
- You can stop
iPhoneby disabling the "Location History" setting.
- Google apps that you download onto your iPhone track your location to give you real-time traffic information, location tags for your photos, and other features.
- Many iPhone apps also have their own location settings, which you can enable or disable individually.
If you've downloaded an app like Google Maps, then Google tracks your iPhone's every move. While this might seem like an invasion of privacy, there are certainly benefits, such as location-specific recommendations when you're browsing, and real-time traffic updates.
While you can disable location tracking on each individual Google app, there's also a quick way to make sure that Google doesn't track you from any app you download.To do this, you'll need to disable your
How to stop Google from tracking your iPhoneGoogle saves your location to your Google account using a feature called Location History.
Location History records everywhere you go (or, more precisely, everywhere your phone goes) as long as you're signed into your Google account and you have Location History turned on. When Location History is enabled, Google shares your
1. Start the Google app on your iPhone. If you don't have the standard Google app, download it and log into your account using it.2. Tap your account avatar in the top-right corner of the screen. 3. Tap "Manage your Google Account," and then "Privacy & personalization," or "Data & personalization" at the top of the screen.
4. Under the "Activity controls" heading, tap "Location History."
5. Swipe the "Location History" toggle to the left to turn it off.6. You'll see a lengthy explanation about the services and features you'll lose access to if you turn off Location History. If you still want to proceed, tap "Pause" at the bottom of the page (which won't be available until you scroll through the entire page). Otherwise, tap "Cancel" or close the app.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- 'Democracy has prevailed' says Joe Biden as he takes oath as the 46th President of the United States
- PM Modi congratulates Joe Biden, says he looks forward to strengthen India-US partnership
- Democracy has prevailed, says US President Joe Biden in his first speech. PTI ZH AKJ ZH ZH
- Joe Biden takes oath as 46th US President amidst unprecedented security. PTI ZH AKJ ZH ZH
- Kamala Devi Harris creates history as she takes oath as Vice President of USA