How to turn on dark mode on the Facebook Messenger mobile app
dark modechanges the app's typically bright white background to black, which is easier on the eyes and better for your phone's battery.
- You can turn Messenger's dark mode on or off at any time through the mobile app's settings menu.
- Facebook is still working on rolling out dark mode as a standard feature for all of its users, but it's been available on Messenger for a while.
Dark mode is an increasingly standardized platform that works to both save battery life and reduce eye strain.
The tool changes the standard white backdrop of website and app backgrounds to a darker color — typically black. This requires less energy from the phone and less work from your eyes.
While Facebook is still working on rolling out dark mode on its main site and app, the company already released the feature for their popular Android and iPhone Messenger app in April 2019. After a short period where you could only activate the feature by sending the crescent moon emoji to one of your friends, you can now access dark mode any time.
Here's how to turn the screen tool on in the Messenger app.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to turn on dark mode on Facebook Messenger
1. Launch the
2. In the app, open the menu by tapping the icon with your profile picture.
3. Select the Dark Mode option in the app list.
4. Tap "On" for dark mode at the top of the menu to activate the feature.
5. If you select System, the app will automatically adjust to dark mode based on your device's settings.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- Gautam Adani, the man who may soon be Asia's richest person, is a college dropout who survived the 2008 Mumbai terrorist attacks and says he was once kidnapped for ransom
- EY is offering scholarships to Indian college students worth ₹1 lakh with two months’ internship opportunity
- A man had severe, day-long migraines for 12 years and nothing worked. His doctors say they vanished after they prescribed leafy greens and cutting out red meat.
- Centre raises Bengal labour budget for creation of 27 cr man-days
- Over a million Ethereum tokens have been burned since the big upgrade, but transaction costs are still a pain point for the network
- Loaded Lion NFT sells for $1 million — three days after launching at $200
- McDonalds India launches a contemporary rendition and continuation story of memorable campaign ‘Hum dono boyfriend-girlfriend hai kya’
- India to resume scheduled international flights from December 15, says Aviation Ministry