How to unblock a blocked number on an Android phone
- You can block or
unblocka number on an Androidvia the built-in Phone app.
- Calls from numbers you've blocked will go straight to voicemail, and you won't receive any of their text messages.
- You can add or remove numbers from your Android's block list at any time.
It used to be that the only people who could call your cell phone were people that you personally gave your phone number to. Now, though, your number goes all over the place — and as a result, you may have noticed that you're receiving a lot more unwanted calls than you used to.
If there's one particularly annoying number that keeps calling you, all you need to do is to block the number. Blocked calls on an Android will go straight to voicemail, and texts won't be delivered.
And if you later realize that you actually need to hear from that number, you can unblock them just as easily.
Here's how to do both, using your Android's built-in Phone app.
How to block a phone number on an Android
With so many different phones out today, there are several ways to block a number on Android. Here's one of the most common ways.
1. Open the Phone app.
2. Tap the three dot icon in the upper-right corner to open the menu.
3. From the menu, choose "Settings."
4. In the settings menu, scroll down until you find "Blocked numbers." Tap it.
5. At the top of the blocked numbers list, tap "Add a number."
6. Enter the phone number you want to block, then tap "Block" to complete the action.
How to unblock a phone number on an Android
If you block a number by mistake, or your circumstances change and you no longer need to block the person from calling or texting you, unblocking is even easier than blocking.
1. Return to the list of blocked numbers, find the one you no longer want blocked, and tap the "X" button next to it.
2. Confirm that you want to unblock the number by tapping "Unblock."
Going forward, you'll receive calls and texts from that number again.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
How to get dark mode on your Android phone or tablet in 2 ways, and help reduce eye strain
How to block a number on any Android phone to stop receiving unwanted calls
How to delete apps on your Android device in 2 different ways
How to activate voice controls on your Android device, and make Google searches or open apps with your voice
How to add widgets on an Android device and resize them on your home screen
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- This frequent flyer who's been 'skiplagging' for a decade says she has 'no remorse and no angst'
- Mumbai Police issues prohibitory orders till June 11 – Find out what’s allowed and what’s not
- Foreign inflows of $45-50 bn over next 2 years to drive the next market rally, says Jimeet Modi
- Times Prime rolls out India’s first AI-driven Omni channel marketing campaign
- Apollo Micro Systems board approves Rs 200-cr fund raising plan
- ChatGPT, electronic devices used to cheat in TSPSC exams