How to unlink your Instagram accounts from Facebook or each other
- To unlink two
- If you want to unlink your Instagram account from
- You'll need to be using the Instagram mobile app to unlink your accounts.
The Facebook-Instagram-Messenger ecosystem is massive, and if you have an account on one platform, there's a good chance you have an account on another. In Instagram's case, you might even have multiple accounts - whether it's public or a private "finsta."
There are several ways to link all these accounts together, which can make it easier to log into and switch between them. But if you want to unlink these accounts, which can help keep your data and information more secure, it only takes a few taps.
Here's how to unlink multiple Instagram accounts, or unlink your Instagram from Facebook.
How to unlink two Instagram accounts
Once you unlink Instagram accounts, you can't link them again. Instagram doesn't allow users to log into multiple accounts with a single login anymore.
1. Open the
2. Tap the three lines in the top-right corner, and then select Settings.
3. Tap Login Info.
Important: If you don't see the Login Info option, it means that your accounts aren't linked - you're likely just logged into both on the same phone. To fix this, you'll just need to log out of the account you want to get rid of.
4. Tap the three dots next to the account you want to unlink, and then tap Remove.
How to unlink Instagram from your Facebook
If you've set up your Instagram so it shares content to Facebook, you can unlink them.
1. Open the Instagram app on your phone and open your profile page.
2. Tap the three lines in the top-right corner and select Settings.
3. In the list that opens, tap Accounts Center.
4. Tap your connected accounts near the top of the page, and then select either your Instagram or Facebook account.
5. Select Remove From Accounts Center and confirm that you want to remove it.
Your accounts will be unlinked.How to schedule Instagram posts from a professional or personal account How to get Instagram dark mode on iPhone, iPad, or Android How to go live on Instagram and broadcast video in real time to your followers How to make your Instagram private and hide your account from anyone who doesn't follow you
- Towards a Greener Footprint: Prioritising Carbon-Neutrality Makes Good Businesses Sense! Are Indian Firms Making the Transition?
- Netflix confirms an ad supported tier is coming to its streaming service by year end
- Accenture, Cognizant could see revenue growth but a strong US dollar could spoil the party
- Kharif sowing is off to a weak start with extended dry spells and floods
- Best ladder for home use in India