How to update 'Among Us' on your PC, smartphone, or console
- You can
update" Among Us" on a PCvia Steam, or on a mobile device via the App Store or Google Play Store.
- If you play "Among Us" on a Switch or Xbox, you'll update it the same way you would any other game.
- By default, "Among Us" should update automatically as long as you're connected to the internet.
Nothing can slow down your gaming session like having to install an update, especially when you're playing a cross-platform game like "Among Us" and you don't want to leave your friends hanging.
For some, this isn't an issue since automatic
Here's how to update "Among Us," whether you're using a computer, mobile device, or console.
How to update 'Among Us'
On a PC via Steam
If you're playing on PC, you'll likely be using Steam. Here's how to check for updates manually.
1. Launch Steam and click "Library" in the top-left corner of the window.
2. Find "Among Us" in your list of games and right-click it, and then select "Properties." If there's an update already waiting, you can just press the big "Update" button.
3. Under the "Updates" tab, select either "Always keep this game updated" or "High Priority - Always auto-update this game before others" to turn auto-updates back on.
On iPhone or Android
If you've turned off auto-updates, you can do it manually via the App Store or Google Play Store.
On an iPhone:
1. Launch your the App Store and search "Among Us," then tap the game icon.
2. If an update is available, you'll see the option to update it.
On an Android:
1. Open the Google Play Store and tap the three horizontal lines in the top-left corner of the screen, then select "My apps & games."
2. You'll be shown a list of every app that can be updated. You can tap "Update all" to update the entire list, or tap "Update" next to the specific app you want. For example, if "Among Us" is in the list, tap the button next to it.
On a console
"Among Us" is primarily a mobile and PC game, but it's also available for the Nintendo Switch and - soon - the Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S.
Here's how to update it on both Switch and Xbox. The process is the same as any other game.
On a Nintendo Switch:
1. Turn on your Switch and find the "Among Us" icon in your list of games. If it's not on the home screen, select the "All Software" button on the far-right side to see all your games.
2. With "Among Us" highlighted, press the plus or minus button on your controller. This will open the game's options menu.
3. In this menu, select "Software Update" and then "Via the Internet."
On an Xbox:
1. Make sure you're connected to the internet, then press the Xbox button on your controller.
2. Next, select "Profile & system," followed by "Settings" and then "System."
3. Finally, select "Updates" - under this, you'll see if there are any updates available. If "Among Us" is in this list, select it to download the update.Yes, 'Among Us' is cross-platform - here's how to play it with all your friends How to update 'Minecraft: Bedrock' or 'Java' on a computer, console, or phone How to get free games on Steam in 2 ways, including through the official Steam store How to update your Steam games manually or automatically, or update to a beta version of a game
- I just got laid off from my dream job at Tesla without warning. I feel like my life got uprooted so a billionaire could save some money.
- Four-days work week, full and final settlement within 2 days of exit — new changes at workplaces to reflect from July 1
- Mark Zuckerberg told Meta staff he's upping performance goals to get rid of employees who 'shouldn't be here,' report says
- Antonia Wade, PwC's global CMO, tells Insider how B2B spending changes in tough economic times
- Ban on single-use plastic kicks in across India as the country recognises the choking impacts of plastic waste on the environment
- Bank FDs will draw down from mutual funds if interest rates go up to 7.5-8%, says report
- Best smartphones under ₹40,000 in India
- Are we worse off than we were in 2008? Foreign investors seem to think so