How to update Slack on your computer or mobile device to make sure you have the latest features
- The way to update
Slackwill depend on what system you're using the app on.
- To update Slack on a Windows system, you'll just need to click the "Check for
- To update Slack on a
Mac, iPhone, or Androiddevice, you'll need to go through your system's App Store.
- The browser version of Slack never needs to manually update, as it will load the most recent version whenever you load the page.
Keeping your apps up to date is always a good idea if you want to avoid potential security threats.
If you're a Slack user, the update process is simple — though it's worth noting that it will differ depending on what version of the app you use.Windows users can update Slack from right within the app itself, and users of the browser app don't have to worry, as the browser app updates whenever you refresh the page.
Here's what you need to know about how to update Slack.
How to update Slack on a Windows computerIf you have the Windows version of Slack, you can easily update it through the Slack platform itself.
1. Click the three dots in the top left corner of the screen to open a menu, and then click on "Help."2. Select "Check for updates." 3. If updates are available, you'll be asked if you'd like to install them. Accept the offer.
How to update Slack on a Mac computer
If you're a Mac user, you'll need to update Slack through your device's app store.
1. Open the App Store on your device, which is typically saved to the dock at the bottom of your screen. If it's not there, you can search for "App Store" in Spotlight Search. To access Spotlight Search, click the magnifying glass icon in the top-right or your screen, or press Command + Spacebar.2. In the App Store, click the "Updates" tab in the left sidebar.
3. If updates are available, you'll see them listed on this page. Click "Update" to install them.
Depending on your settings, you might also receive occasional notifications directly from Slack when an update is available. If this is the case, you'll usually just need to click on the notification to launch an update.
How to update Slack on an iPhone1. Open your iPhone's App Store.
3. On your Account page, scroll down to the "Available Updates" section and scroll until you see Slack listed. If Slack is not listed in the Available Updates section, then your current version of the Slack app is up to date.4. Click "Update" to the right of the Slack icon. A loading icon will appear in place the "Update" button. When the update is complete, Slack will disappear from the list of available updates.
5. Go to the Slack app on your iPhone's home screen, and there should now be a small blue dot beside it, indicating that it was just updated.You can also set your iPhone apps to update automatically when a new version is available.
How to update Slack on an Android1. Open the Google Play Store on your Android device.
2. Tap the three horizontal lines in the upper left corner of your screen.
3. Tap "My apps & games."4. Scroll down until you see Slack listed, and tap the "Update" button beside the Slack icon.
You can also set your Android to automatically update all apps when updates are available.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- Top 10 longest sixes in IPL matches from 2008 to till date
- OPINION: Regulation of games of skill under a central legislative regime is the need of the hour
- OPINION: Why weekend lockdowns and night curfews aren't the only solution to India's surging cases of COVID-19
- Haryana government declares summer vacation in schools due to spike in COVID-19 cases
- COVID-19 vaccine 'Covaxin' is effective against double mutant strain found in India, says ICMR